Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

Anyone else attend fall festivals?

Posted by on Sep. 13, 2013 at 11:38 AM
  • 10 Replies

I live in a Dallas suburb, but this weekend the Fort Worth suburb of Grapevine is having their Annual Grapefest. It is the festival that pretty much 'unofficially' kicks off the fall festival season.

I am taking my son tomorrow. The State Fair of Texas will be opening soon as well.

Do you have or attend fall festivals/fair in your area?

by on Sep. 13, 2013 at 11:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Why123
by Nancy on Sep. 13, 2013 at 11:40 AM

I went to the Greek Festival last Friday to get my lunch.

Perfctmomof3brm
by on Sep. 13, 2013 at 11:42 AM
Our small town in Oklahoma has one every year. We have plans to attend ours this evening :) it is always so much fun!
mystified1958
by Member on Sep. 13, 2013 at 11:48 AM

Yes,  we have them here,  and we attend them too.  I love the flea markets and the cooked outside food,  the history leasons,  the raffle items,  etc.  Labor Day weekend,  our area had a civil war re-enactment,  antique tractors and equipment,  stage coach rides,  mock jesse james hold ups.  Something different and knowledgable.  Fall festivals are in full swing the next few weeks here.  Churches,  school fund raisings,  homecoming,  Apple fests.  Winding down the events for the year and enjoying the weather.  Have fun if you go. 

mac1940
by Mary Ann on Sep. 13, 2013 at 11:50 AM

Every little town around  us has either a fall festival or a spring one.  We do go to quite a few of them.  We have a big state fair here at the end of every September which dh loves to attend.

DesignGirl450
by Lynda on Sep. 13, 2013 at 12:16 PM

I love things like fall festivals, and we used to attend them all when our daughter was younger, but don't do as much of that sort of event now.   Iain and I did go to one festival in early August which featured artists and performers.  It was interesting and fun.   I will look and see what fall events are happening near us. 

kuntrylady56
by Gold Member on Sep. 13, 2013 at 6:58 PM

We have several going on this weekend and I hope to go toat least one of them. There is a apple butter festival in Seymour a little town not to far from here and a lady I met at school will be selling some of her apple butter there,so I am hoping ot go buy some.  They also make fresh apple butter in a great big copper kettle over an open fire to sell also, along with crafts and local venders selling different types of food. 

Ane there are different ones going on every pretty much all through the fall and then we start having the craft fairs also, especially the closer it gets to Christmas.

Bmat
by Barb on Sep. 13, 2013 at 7:27 PM

I'm going to decorators showcase tomorrow- a mansion has rooms decorated, then Sunday there is a crafts show.

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:14 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Sep. 14, 2013 at 12:04 AM

We do not,
Hope you have a wonderful time :)

Bmat
by Barb on Sep. 15, 2013 at 8:25 PM

I went to a big crafts show today that is a lot like a Fall festival- the local groups all have food stands or perform. There were three hundred vendors, it was a really nice time. My sister and I got tired after about an hour and a half so I did a quick walk through of the rest while she took a break.

lisamarie1265
by on Sep. 16, 2013 at 1:46 AM

Last weekend we went to The Cornfest where my daughter lives it was really nice. This weekend us girls my daughters my sil my mom and my two nieces all went to the village peddler at our metro parks farm park, it was huge with many artisans, crafts, quilts, candy ect ect... Plus good BBQ food music horse drawn wagon rides, we had a wonderful ladies day out we all bought stuff I even picked up some Christmas gifts!! Today my youngest and I went to another farm Pattersons Fruit Farm this was the start of their fun fest, you can pick your own apples buy all sorts of home grown veggies and fruit, and their bakery is to die for, they even have a cafe to have lunch soon they'll be over flowing with pumpkins and we will go back to pick ours... I love this time of year

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)