Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

My two adult children...

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2013 at 8:30 AM
  • 21 Replies

What is it with my two oldest children's generation?  Their favorite 2 saying are "I forgot" and "I do not know".

Just an example.  My daugther is "supposed" to be getting paper work straightened out to get money owed to her for her GI Bill.  I asked her 3 times this week if she had called.  Her answer of course was Oh yeah Mom I forgot.  Would you not think that if you were due to get a check for a few hundred dollars that you would be on the phone everyday or every other day checking on the status? 

I love my kids with all my heart but they just confuse me sometimes.  :/

by on Sep. 14, 2013 at 8:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Maddie24
by Gold Member on Sep. 14, 2013 at 11:26 AM

I know how that goes!  Mine were never interested in taking care of business until they were out on their own.  I think their generation really depends on us to carry them through. 

kuntrylady56
by Gold Member on Sep. 14, 2013 at 11:45 AM

My 27 yo daughter is the same way,she out on her own and I still have call and remind her of important things.  I'm her taxi service so I have to know when she has doctors appointments for the grandkids or herself and there have been times she has completely forgotten they had appointments.

mac1940
by Mary Ann on Sep. 14, 2013 at 12:15 PM
1 mom liked this

We as parents have to take credit for some of that - they got used to and counted on us taking care of for them.  Mine are now married with families of their own and have learned but I do remember their younger adult years when they either forgot or didn't get around to.  

my4kids274
by Bronze Member on Sep. 14, 2013 at 2:47 PM
Mine are actually still living at home. They are both in college. I just feel like a "mother hen".

Quoting Maddie24:

I know how that goes!  Mine were never interested in taking care of business until they were out on their own.  I think their generation really depends on us to carry them through. 

my4kids274
by Bronze Member on Sep. 14, 2013 at 2:50 PM
Mine are both 21 and 23. I get frustrated some time. I just think about myself at that age. I was married and already had 2 children and we owned our own home. I know it is my fault though to a degree. My husband and I gave them what we did not have growing up.

Quoting kuntrylady56:

My 27 yo daughter is the same way,she out on her own and I still have call and remind her of important things.  I'm her taxi service so I have to know when she has doctors appointments for the grandkids or herself and there have been times she has completely forgotten they had appointments.

my4kids274
by Bronze Member on Sep. 14, 2013 at 2:51 PM
Yes I fully agree with that.

Quoting mac1940:

We as parents have to take credit for some of that - they got used to and counted on us taking care of for them.  Mine are now married with families of their own and have learned but I do remember their younger adult years when they either forgot or didn't get around to.  

Maddie24
by Gold Member on Sep. 14, 2013 at 11:28 PM

It is great that your chilren are in college.  Early 20s were pretty tough years.  They just don't seem to take responsibility without a shove.  Hang in there - those degrees will pay off.

Quoting my4kids274:

Mine are actually still living at home. They are both in college. I just feel like a "mother hen".

Quoting Maddie24:

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Today at 12:38 AM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Sep. 15, 2013 at 12:12 AM

You're not alone that's for sure,
I still do some *reminding* & mine are older than yours.
Good luck :)

terri-553
by Silver Member on Sep. 15, 2013 at 6:53 AM

My 37 year old daughter is the worest,no I haven;t called them yet,she has 1 child he goes to school,and you are off one day a week.And you don;t get these things done???Really???Why,not??Anyway son has come for like 3weeks maybe he/SO have broke up yet again,doesn;t bother me,he won;t stay long as he can;t bring other women here,

my4kids274
by Bronze Member on Sep. 15, 2013 at 8:12 AM

Thank you ladies! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)