Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

I just saw a tv ad about when the child picks up the check for the first time

Posted by on Sep. 15, 2013 at 9:18 PM
  • 34 Replies

Do your adult children pick up the check?

by on Sep. 15, 2013 at 9:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Maddie24
by Gold Member on Sep. 15, 2013 at 9:24 PM

No, They are just getting by.  It would be a shock, that's for sure.  I really do not expect them too - I remember being at that stage in my life.

Cindy18
by Platinum Member on Sep. 15, 2013 at 9:25 PM

Not yet. They are still living at home and don't think about it much. 

I take that back. My DD took me out for dinner on Mother's day. She paid for me and her and I paid for the boys.

Bmat
by Barb on Sep. 15, 2013 at 9:55 PM

My father would never let us even when we were employed and had a home of our own.

Quoting Maddie24:

No, They are just getting by.  It would be a shock, that's for sure.  I really do not expect them too - I remember being at that stage in my life.

Bmat
by Barb on Sep. 15, 2013 at 9:55 PM

Very nice that she paid for you.   :)

Quoting Cindy18:

Not yet. They are still living at home and don't think about it much. 

I take that back. My DD took me out for dinner on Mother's day. She paid for me and her and I paid for the boys.

Bmat
by Barb on Sep. 15, 2013 at 9:56 PM

My sons either split the bill with us or sometimes treat us. :)

luvnature
by Bronze Member on Sep. 15, 2013 at 10:04 PM
1 mom liked this

yes my kids do quite often actually. 

mac1940
by Mary Ann on Sep. 15, 2013 at 10:50 PM
1 mom liked this

Now that they are married, they pick up the check quite often.   But back when they were single, it didn't happen often, although back j from the time he was in high school and working at a part time job, my oldest son has taken me out to lunch on my birthday if he is in the same town as I am.

sabrtooth1
by on Sep. 15, 2013 at 11:13 PM
1 mom liked this

About 50% of the time.  Younger dd/so don't make as much $$ as older dd/so, so they often just pitch in, but it's still nice.  Both will also call and ask if we want beef sandwiches or tacos, since they were stopping for themelves, or bring a loaf of rye from a good bakery, or a quart of soup from the Greek store, and we do the same.

honeygram4
by on Sep. 15, 2013 at 11:44 PM
1 mom liked this

It is nice when your grown kids want to treat you, my oldest DD has and my ds has treated me. My dh won't let them when he is with all of us though. I do cuz I know if they need help with gas $ or something later on I will help them, but he would rather pay the bill. He also pays when me and my best friend have lunch together IF he goes with us, and we always go dutch, he's just like that.

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Thursday at 11:45 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Sep. 16, 2013 at 12:05 AM
2 moms liked this

Same as this,
Maybe one day :)

Quoting Maddie24:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)