Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

??QOTD?? 9/16/13

Posted by on Sep. 16, 2013 at 6:08 AM
  • 22 Replies

When you were a teen, what did you want to change about your appearance?

NOW, what do you want to change about your appearance?

by on Sep. 16, 2013 at 6:08 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
suzeebloch
by Ronna on Sep. 16, 2013 at 6:15 AM

When I got to junior high, I became very self-conscious about myself - I suppose that's pretty natural for girls in junior high - but in addtion to the normal body-image stuff, I also had dark hair above my upper lip.  I bought cremes to lighten the hair but would end up burning the skin above my upper lip and it would be red and splotchy making it even MORE noticeable!  I'd try plucking those hairs but YOWCH.  lol. 

Now, I just shave it.  I know they say that if you shave it, it will grow in more coarsely, like a man's whiskers, but that's just an old-wives tale. I've been shaving above my upper lip for decades and it grows in just the same!  But I very seldom see new growth since I shave it each time I shower.  lol. 

When I see a woman who has dark hair above her upper lip, I have to fight the urge to tell her to shave that moustache. 

suzeebloch
by Ronna on Sep. 16, 2013 at 6:16 AM

oops.  I forgot to add what I'd change about my apperance now  ...

I have a gap between my two top front teeth.  I'd like to get that fixed some day ...

and also get rid of my double chin and tummy fat. 

Cindy18
by Platinum Member on Sep. 16, 2013 at 6:47 AM

I have always wanted to be thinner. I come from big German people so that's just the body type I have.

Now my teeth are really bad. I have two broken ones in the front and that makes me very self conscious. I am scared to death of the dentist, though. Even the thought of making the phone call to make an appointment is over whelming. So unless I'm in severe pain. I just live with it.

louannwilkins
by Louann on Sep. 16, 2013 at 6:52 AM

When I was a teen I hated having my big boobs.  lol  Seriously.  I got them at an early age and I wanted them to go away.  Now I have so many things I'd like to twitch my nose and change....like thicker hair, less wrinkles etc....

robin7771
by Bronze Member on Sep. 16, 2013 at 7:15 AM

I went to major store Macy and had a make-over, then I had my hair done and went to sales friend and got the staff girls to put together 5 outfits for me. I felt like a million dollars and they all enjoy helping. Sometimes it pays to have another person. I love Agnus boots they found me.

Why123
by Nancy on Sep. 16, 2013 at 9:37 AM

When I was a teen what I wanted to be was prettier.  That doesn't matter now.  Now I could stand to lose 10 more pounds.

kuntrylady56
by Gold Member on Sep. 16, 2013 at 9:43 AM

When I was teen it would of been my weight, even though I didn't obsess over it like some girls did.  And now it would be the samething other then that I'm okay with the way I am. Oh I do need to get dental work done also, I'm another one who is chicken to go to the dentist.

darmomusaf
by Gold Member on Sep. 16, 2013 at 9:47 AM

Weight has always been an issue for me, now and then

LEK19
by Platinum Member on Sep. 16, 2013 at 11:30 AM

I hated getting cold sores and pimples. I had more problems with cold sores than zits. 

Now, I guess, my feeling is you get what you get. I am getting thinner skin and dark circles under my eyes. I noticed lately that my eyelids seem to be getting droopy at times. I don't know what to do about that. I will never get cosmetic surgery though - I do know that.

mac1940
by Mary Ann on Sep. 16, 2013 at 11:37 AM

I was absolutely certain that I needed to lose weight although no one else agreed with me.  And I desperately wanted something besides my straight as a string hair and wished for naturally curly or at the very least wavy hair.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN