Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

What are THINGS that very old people should NOT do?

Posted by on Sep. 16, 2013 at 4:25 PM
  • 56 Replies

grandma            grandpa

by on Sep. 16, 2013 at 4:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
atlmom2
by Susie on Sep. 16, 2013 at 4:32 PM
1 mom liked this
Drive. See many that are a menace to the road especially on te highway driving like 50 mph. I am talking 80's and 90's. They need to take driving road tests every year as well as eye tests.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Its.me.Sam.
by Bronze Member on Sep. 16, 2013 at 4:32 PM

stuff dangerous to their health.  other than that go for it.  age aint no thang.  hahaha

DesignGirl450
by Lynda on Sep. 16, 2013 at 5:20 PM
1 mom liked this

Live in a home with many stairs, as there is always a danger of falling with the elderly. 

Bleacheddecay
by Gold Member on Sep. 16, 2013 at 5:48 PM

Become bitter and negative.

Stop having sex.

gmadiane
by on Sep. 16, 2013 at 6:11 PM
4 moms liked this

If I had to stop having sex I would be bitter and negative, lol

Quoting Bleacheddecay:

Stop having sex.

momma-t42
by Gold Member on Sep. 16, 2013 at 6:41 PM

pick a fight with a younger lad.  There was a time it actually did some good.  But not these days. 

atlmom2
by Susie on Sep. 16, 2013 at 6:42 PM
My friends MIL visited this weekend. She fell down her stairs in the middle of the night. Broke her wrist. Lucky she didn't break her hip, again.

Quoting DesignGirl450:

Live in a home with many stairs, as there is always a danger of falling with the elderly. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
atlmom2
by Susie on Sep. 16, 2013 at 6:43 PM
1 mom liked this
Most elderly get bitter and negative even if their life is still going well.

Quoting gmadiane:

If I had to stop having sex I would be bitter and negative, lol

Quoting Bleacheddecay:

Stop having sex.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JenniferW67
by Bronze Member on Sep. 16, 2013 at 7:07 PM

I love that you used the word menace. lol It was just the right word.

Quoting atlmom2:

Drive. See many that are a menace to the road especially on te highway driving like 50 mph. I am talking 80's and 90's. They need to take driving road tests every year as well as eye tests.

kuntrylady56
by Gold Member on Sep. 16, 2013 at 9:52 PM

I agree with this wholeheartedly. My MIL is 94yo and had her drivers license and drove herself around up until last year. And bless her heart she had several minor accidents in the last few years,but would not admit she should stop driving.  And one night back in the beginning of spring we were having a terrible storm and she somehow got turned around when she left the grocery store and went way out in the country and got lost.  She said when she went to the store it was daylight and she had no recollection of how long she was in the store or how long she had been driving around.  Luckily a police officer saw her driving erratically and pulled her over and called us(this was like 8 or so at night) to come get her and the car. And she never drove after dark or even went out of her house for that matter. So after that she turned in her drivers license and said no more driving.It was scary,because not only could she have been hurt or killed she could of caused an accident where other people could of been injured or died.

I think after 70 we should be made to take a driving test and eye exam every year or two,and if ya can't pass,your license is revoked.

Quoting JenniferW67:

I love that you used the word menace. lol It was just the right word.

Quoting atlmom2:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)