Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you Celebrate Halloween

Posted by on Sep. 16, 2013 at 8:07 PM
  • 29 Replies
If not please tell us why, Im just a curious person and I wont bash your reasons. If you do tell us about it. Do you go all out, or just a few things here and there?
by on Sep. 16, 2013 at 8:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
atlmom2
by Gold Member on Sep. 16, 2013 at 9:07 PM
yes
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
marchantmom06
by Bronze Member on Sep. 16, 2013 at 9:16 PM
We do normally. Not this year
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kuntrylady56
by Gold Member on Sep. 16, 2013 at 9:35 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes. When I was with my ex we used to decorate the house inside and out and wear costumes. "One year he was a ghost and I was the grim reaper and before Halloween we had hung a ghost from our tree in the front yard and had set up like a cardboard grim reaper by our walkway near the porch.  So on halloween night my ex took the phony ghost down and stood under the tree with a rope around his neck and I stood real quiet and still where the grim reaper had been standing. Our next door neighbor's teenage son came over to hand out the candy for us.  You could hear everybody asking if we were real and my ex would reach out to grab someone,we had teenage girls screaming and running down the street... and then they would come to pass me and I would moan and slowly raise my hands to touch them..yep, it was funny.We had the smog machine and the scary music,the graveyard with hands sticking out of the ground too.  And no, we made sure we didn't scare the little ones, but they were afraid to come in the yard without their parents.

And our neighbors had their yard set up real scary too with a table set up like a lab..and one of the father in laws had crawled under the table and his head looked like it had been decapitated,so he stuck that up through a whole so it looked like it was on a plate.  We used to have a blast doing it. It would end up like a big block party in different parts of our neighborhood.

Now I still decorate and try to make the house a little scary looking but not so much as I used to. Because we kind of have younger kids going around so I don't want to frighten them away.  Plus the people on our street are mostly older then us except one family and then and us are the only ones who decorate for Halloween. Their house looks like our house in MD used to.lol

Yep,I'm a just a big kid at heart. And I still dress up in a costume even if I'm just walking the grandkids around.

And Jessh! I didn't realize this had gotten so long.lol Sorry ladies have had a lot of caffiene the last two days,have three tests I'm studying for. So am just rambling on and on...ok,I'll shut up now!

KittyGram
by Becky on Sep. 16, 2013 at 9:39 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes - in fact, I take the afternoon off work to be w/ my grandkids!!!!

ravenseeyore
by Member on Sep. 16, 2013 at 10:05 PM

Yes

I have plenty of decorations including a Halloween Village. You can usually find small things stuck on a shelf or sitting on a TV.  I put them out around mid October, then the first week of November I will put away the ones that are obviously Halloween and keep out the ones that are also fall. And leave them until after Thanksgiving.

Bleacheddecay
by Silver Member on Sep. 16, 2013 at 10:15 PM

I always get candy. Usually we have no trick or treaters so I get some that someone in the family will eat. Usually I get a movie or two and pop some popcorn. Usually we carve a jack o lantern.

DesignGirl450
by Lynda on Sep. 16, 2013 at 11:29 PM

That was really cool what you did. 

Quoting kuntrylady56:

Yes. When I was with my ex we used to decorate the house inside and out and wear costumes. "One year he was a ghost and I was the grim reaper and before Halloween we had hung a ghost from our tree in the front yard and had set up like a cardboard grim reaper by our walkway near the porch.  So on halloween night my ex took the phony ghost down and stood under the tree with a rope around his neck and I stood real quiet and still where the grim reaper had been standing. Our next door neighbor's teenage son came over to hand out the candy for us.  You could hear everybody asking if we were real and my ex would reach out to grab someone,we had teenage girls screaming and running down the street... and then they would come to pass me and I would moan and slowly raise my hands to touch them..yep, it was funny.We had the smog machine and the scary music,the graveyard with hands sticking out of the ground too.  And no, we made sure we didn't scare the little ones, but they were afraid to come in the yard without their parents.

And our neighbors had their yard set up real scary too with a table set up like a lab..and one of the father in laws had crawled under the table and his head looked like it had been decapitated,so he stuck that up through a whole so it looked like it was on a plate.  We used to have a blast doing it. It would end up like a big block party in different parts of our neighborhood.

Now I still decorate and try to make the house a little scary looking but not so much as I used to. Because we kind of have younger kids going around so I don't want to frighten them away.  Plus the people on our street are mostly older then us except one family and then and us are the only ones who decorate for Halloween. Their house looks like our house in MD used to.lol

Yep,I'm a just a big kid at heart. And I still dress up in a costume even if I'm just walking the grandkids around.

And Jessh! I didn't realize this had gotten so long.lol Sorry ladies have had a lot of caffiene the last two days,have three tests I'm studying for. So am just rambling on and on...ok,I'll shut up now!

DesignGirl450
by Lynda on Sep. 16, 2013 at 11:36 PM

I love Halloween and we usually get a lot of kids coming around.  I always put my pumpkin lights outside the door, some jack o lanterns and other decor outside, and do a few things inside as well, as  it makes me smile.   Cassidy and I put dressed stuffies down the stairs which the kids see when we open the door to give them treats, and they just love that.    I will miss doing that with her this year as she is living in England.  Actuallyl I miss her being little and dressing up, and having a Halloween party every year she was in elementary school.   

luvnature
by Member on Sep. 16, 2013 at 11:45 PM

I used to go all out, but not anymore. my kids are grown ups and there is no going out trick or treating. we don't get many kids at our house so we only buy a few bags of candy and usually something we all like since we know we will always have plenty leftovers.

hugss
Take some *Time Out for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Today at 12:43 AM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Hugs on Sep. 17, 2013 at 12:09 AM

Not anymore ..
We hang out with the neighbors in front of their house :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)