Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Philosophical(spelling?)

Posted by on Sep. 16, 2013 at 9:40 PM
  • 15 Replies

Any Whooo, here is a question for ya.  What is more important? What you think of yourself or what other people think of you?   Give me your answers and tell me why.

by on Sep. 16, 2013 at 9:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KittyGram
by Becky on Sep. 16, 2013 at 9:50 PM
1 mom liked this

What I think of me is much more important that what other people think of me - I have to live with me, not with them!!!! 

ravenseeyore
by Member on Sep. 16, 2013 at 10:09 PM

What I think of myself is more important. No one else knows every thing I have gone through. And without that knowledge you can't form a complete and informed opinion.

DesignGirl450
by Lynda on Sep. 16, 2013 at 11:27 PM

What I think of myself is more important, as I have had many people judge me because I am different than they are in certain ways.  I am proud of myself, and it really should not matter what others think of me. 

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:19 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Hugs on Sep. 17, 2013 at 12:11 AM

What I think of me is more important,
Doesn't matter what others think :)

Its.me.Sam.
by Member on Sep. 17, 2013 at 12:13 AM

what i think of myself.  i will always do what i feel is right or best - i dont care if anyone else sees it or knows it. 

suzeebloch
by Ronna on Sep. 17, 2013 at 5:01 AM
1 mom liked this

You know, I want to say "what I think of myself" but honestly, I do think it is important what others think of me!

And I think that's why some people go to great lengths to spend money for stuff they really can't afford, don't need, "keeping up with the Joneses"   I would like to honestly say "I don't care" what others think of me but that's not true 100% of the time.

I try to be friendly as often as I can.  I try to stay positive. that's just me, who I am. 

So, in all fairness to your question, I will say it is important to me what others think of me, but I am also true to myself as well.

Why123
by Nancy on Sep. 17, 2013 at 9:39 AM

I also think it is a combination of both.  No man is an island and we all have to live with other people so it is important that they think well of us.  If you don't think well of yourself no one else will either so thinking well of yourself is also very important.

mac1940
by Mary Ann on Sep. 17, 2013 at 10:32 AM

What I think of nyself is most important because if I don't think well of myself no one else will think well of me either,  

louannwilkins
by Louann on Sep. 17, 2013 at 11:10 AM

Well, it's very important to me that I'm able to look at myself in the mirror so to speak etc...I try to live my life like that.  Doing what's right etc....Sometimes I say I dont give a crap what other people think and in some instances I don't but in some I do.  Does that make sense???   LOL  What I mean is this I guess....I have to be able to live with the decisions I make and while I may care what others think to a point the ultimate thing is whether I can live with it and be ok with it. 

jabs54
by Jeanine on Sep. 17, 2013 at 3:20 PM
1 mom liked this

To be honest, my first thought was I care what God thinks of me.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)