Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

When You Were In School, Were You A

Posted by on Sep. 19, 2013 at 5:16 PM
  • 49 Replies

Bully, or were you bullied? When you saw other kids getting bullied, did you help them or stay out of it?

by on Sep. 19, 2013 at 5:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
DixieL
by Dixie on Sep. 19, 2013 at 5:19 PM

I wasn't a bully, and I didn't get bullied, but I also didn't help other kids when I saw they were getting bullied. I wish I could know what I know now, and go back to help those other kids. When I was in the fifth grade, there was a girl, named Barbara, who was slow. They would bully her everyday. I stood there and didn't do a thing. I wish I had. I still remember that girl, to this day and wonder what happened to her.

JenniferW67
by Bronze Member on Sep. 19, 2013 at 5:20 PM
1 mom liked this

I went to private school for most of my education. I never saw any bullying. There was some teasing, but it would get shut down by the teachers pretty quick.

Why123
by Nancy on Sep. 19, 2013 at 5:30 PM

I was bullied.  I never bullied anyone else.  I couldn't help anyone else when I couldn't even help myself.

DixieL
by Dixie on Sep. 19, 2013 at 5:32 PM

Quoting Why123:

I was bullied.  I never bullied anyone else.  I couldn't help anyone else when I couldn't even help myself.

Bullies are the worst kids there are. Sometimes they grow up still being a bully. I wish there was a way, we could put a stop to them.

Why123
by Nancy on Sep. 19, 2013 at 5:35 PM
1 mom liked this

I went to a catholic school and the bully was the nun I had as a teacher for 7th and 8th grade.  She grabbed me by the back of my collar and threw me across the class once.  Her favorite thing to do was stand you up and have the rest of the class criticize you.

Quoting DixieL:

Quoting Why123:

Bullies are the worst kids there are. Sometimes they grow up still being a bully. I wish there was a way, we could put a stop to them.

DesignGirl450
by Lynda on Sep. 19, 2013 at 6:06 PM
1 mom liked this

I never ever had a bullying personality.  I was not bullied,but sometimes teased a little, nothing serious.  Some children and teens can be mean on occasion. When I started my first full time job in a medical clinic, though, I was a victim of workplace bullying.  That was an eye opener for me, as they could be real bitches and the office manager would just go into his office and close the door, not wanting to deal with anything. 

DixieL
by Dixie on Sep. 19, 2013 at 6:12 PM

Quoting DesignGirl450:

I never ever had a bullying personality.  I was not bullied,but sometimes teased a little, nothing serious.  Some children and teens can be mean on occasion. When I started my first full time job in a medical clinic, though, I was a victim of workplace bullying.  That was an eye opener for me, as they could be real bitches and the office manager would just go into his office and close the door, not wanting to deal with anything. 

I know what you mean. I know there are adult bullies too. I think that's even worse than kid bullies.

momma-t42
by Gold Member on Sep. 19, 2013 at 6:19 PM
Neither. I got picked on every now and then but was never really bullied. I sure didn't bully others either.
I seriously don't remember other kids getting bullied. But then again different people believe bullying is if a kid tells you your outfit is ugly. I don't find that being a bully, but being rude and obnoxious.
My youngest was bullied in the 6th grade. A classmate hit her in the face in front of the teacher and then continued on for weeks afterwards as if my daughter was the problem. That is a bully. We had to turn the other girl into the authorities to get it to stop.

Anyway, I just didn't see others around me when I was a kid, get bullied.
DesignGirl450
by Lynda on Sep. 19, 2013 at 6:26 PM

So right.  There definitely are adult bullies, and I had one in my last part time job as well. She, too, was just allowed to get away with it as she was there a long time.   I have vowed never to put up with that again.  Nobody should have to.  

Quoting DixieL:

Quoting DesignGirl450:

I know what you mean. I know there are adult bullies too. I think that's even worse than kid bullies.

Esmrlda
by Esme on Sep. 19, 2013 at 6:36 PM

I was extremly shy as a child so I got bullied  alot.  I also learned to throw some good punches and whoop some A$$.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)