Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Kitchen Talk for October 9th

Posted by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 6:00 AM
  • 16 Replies

It's Cheese Day!

What is your favorite kind of cheese? How do you like to eat it?

by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 6:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
suzeebloch
by Ronna on Oct. 9, 2013 at 7:21 AM

Hey, good question! 

I love Colby cheese.  I buy 8 ounces and cut it into 8 chunks and keep in a plastic box in my fridge.  Perfect just to pick up a chunk for a snack.  Also perfect size to shred when I need shredded cheese.

I love swiss cheese, too, and monterey jack and mozzerella and blue cheese and there's one that I can't recall the name but it's mild had almost always has an orange-colored rind on it.  I guess I need more coffee.  lol.  oh and I make farmer's cheese all by myself every now and then.    oh and that cheese name just popped in my head - muenster.  i love that with apple slices. 

darmomusaf
by Gold Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 8:25 AM

I think I like just about every kind of cheese except swiss! I really love toasted cheese sandwiches, I also eat just chunks of cheese, I try to keep it cut up in the fridge.

Why123
by Nancy on Oct. 9, 2013 at 9:14 AM

I like mozzarella, provalone, colby and swiss.  I like it on grilled sandwiches, in salads, on eggs and just to eat in chunks.

atlmom2
by Susie on Oct. 9, 2013 at 9:32 AM
Co-jack, fresh mozzerella, gouda.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bmat
by Barb on Oct. 9, 2013 at 12:18 PM

I'd say that colby longhorn is my favorite- mild and just right for nibbling. But extra strong cheddar also- especially with crackers.

louannwilkins
by Louann on Oct. 9, 2013 at 12:39 PM

I love so many!!!!!   LOL  I LOVE cheddar, monterey jack, colby, swiss, mozzarella etc...you get the idea!  I HATE blue cheese.  UGH and EWWW   LOL  I've tried to like it but just don't.  lol

DesignGirl450
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 12:58 PM

I love cheese, and growing up with an Italian father, we always ate good cheeses at home.  I love fresh grated parmesan, swiss cheese, Havarti, tilset, blue cheese, cheddar, jack cheeses - love them all.  I will eat them plain, or put on crackers and microwave so the cheese is melted.  I put parmesan on pasta, in soups, on chile con carne.   OK, now I',m  hungry. 

Esmrlda
by Esme on Oct. 9, 2013 at 1:28 PM

Meunster, I like it anyway, in sandwiches, with apples, on crackers.

Bleacheddecay
by Gold Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 1:40 PM

Extra sharp cheddar but I'm out. I like to put it on all kinds of things and sometimes I'll just eat a slice.

JenniferW67
by Bronze Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 1:47 PM

Mmm...love cheese.  I love muenster, swiss, havarti, pepper jack, provolone and cheddar.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)