Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

What are you doing today....Wednesday?

Posted by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 6:42 AM
  • 43 Replies

come tell us.....

by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 6:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
louannwilkins
by Louann on Oct. 9, 2013 at 6:44 AM

Good morning......what a crappy looking morning.  lol  Drizzly and cool.  Very cool.  Well....I guess I knew it was coming but we had 80's on Sun and had been having those kinds of temps and today it won't get out of the 60's.  lol  Talk about living in NC!!!   LOL  But....it's ok.  I love fall.

I only have 1 house and then I come back here where I'm pet sitting and have to do more cleaning here too.  This is the house I come to 3 times every week.  Anyway...hope you're all happy and healthy!!  Have a good day   :)

suzeebloch
by Ronna on Oct. 9, 2013 at 7:14 AM

Ugh. running behind this morning!  the past 2 days I've had trouble getting my butt outta bed.  My excuse is that it's so nice and cozy under my blankets now that the mornings are a lot chillier!  yeah.  that sounds about right.

yesterday afternoon was quite long.  left here at 2 to go over and pick up mom.  Dad had a list of errands for me.  lol.  His list included a stop at his Shaklee distributor for some vitamins, the post office, UPS and Walmart.  Mom and I picked up Jessica at her mechanic's place and then went on our errands.  Mom needed to buy rice from the oriental store.  Oh my goodness.  we were just there a couple of weeks ago because she ran out of soy sauce.  But she had to walk up and down nearly each aisle again.  She ended up buying about $70 of stuff there. lol.  Walmart was just about as bad.  She ended up spending nearly $100 there (but that included about $25 of my stuff which she insisted on paying for).  I didn't get home until 6:30 - well, that included waiting at Popeye's Chicken because I certainly didn't feel like making supper for myself.  then when I was downloading thsi morning's work, I ran into computer problems - spent close to an hour trying to "fix" that and finally ended up doing a system restore which did the trick.  ugh.  so yesterday sure felt like a very long day.

But hey, it's Wednesday.  My brother just texted me - he is on the road now, driving back from  Shreveport.  He thinks he'll be home around 5:30 and I'll have to go pick him up.  I'll try to coordinate going over to change dad's dressings so that I only have to make one trip but being so late in the afternoon will make today feel long.  oh well. 

yesterday, when my mom was lingering at the produce aisle at Walmart, Jessica was getting a bit impatient.  I told her that each time I feel impatient with my parents, I just remind myself that one day they won't be here.  and then she started to cry at that thought.   Jessica has an appt with her doctor this morning at 11 to find out the results of the ultrasound she had last week and to see what could be causing her legs to ache so badly.  I asked her yesterday and she told me she weighs 240 pounds.  I'm sure her weight is playing a big factor in all this.  after we dropped her off, my mom made a comment about how cute Jessica USED to be.  I told mom she is STILL cute.  Mom can't see past my daughter's weight  but I'm sure that's due to her dementia and lack of tact that is causing.

happy hump day everyone!  

louannwilkins
by Louann on Oct. 9, 2013 at 7:25 AM

Wow...you sure did have a lot of stuff going on yesterday.  Ugh....I get it.  I'm PMSing so everyone here had best just watch out!!!   LOL  Just kidding.  I hope your dd finds out something today.  It would be nice if she could get some of that weight off but that's SO much easier said than done.  I get that one too.  lol

Hope you have a good day!!  :)

Quoting suzeebloch:

Ugh. running behind this morning!  the past 2 days I've had trouble getting my butt outta bed.  My excuse is that it's so nice and cozy under my blankets now that the mornings are a lot chillier!  yeah.  that sounds about right.

yesterday afternoon was quite long.  left here at 2 to go over and pick up mom.  Dad had a list of errands for me.  lol.  His list included a stop at his Shaklee distributor for some vitamins, the post office, UPS and Walmart.  Mom and I picked up Jessica at her mechanic's place and then went on our errands.  Mom needed to buy rice from the oriental store.  Oh my goodness.  we were just there a couple of weeks ago because she ran out of soy sauce.  But she had to walk up and down nearly each aisle again.  She ended up buying about $70 of stuff there. lol.  Walmart was just about as bad.  She ended up spending nearly $100 there (but that included about $25 of my stuff which she insisted on paying for).  I didn't get home until 6:30 - well, that included waiting at Popeye's Chicken because I certainly didn't feel like making supper for myself.  then when I was downloading thsi morning's work, I ran into computer problems - spent close to an hour trying to "fix" that and finally ended up doing a system restore which did the trick.  ugh.  so yesterday sure felt like a very long day.

But hey, it's Wednesday.  My brother just texted me - he is on the road now, driving back from  Shreveport.  He thinks he'll be home around 5:30 and I'll have to go pick him up.  I'll try to coordinate going over to change dad's dressings so that I only have to make one trip but being so late in the afternoon will make today feel long.  oh well. 

yesterday, when my mom was lingering at the produce aisle at Walmart, Jessica was getting a bit impatient.  I told her that each time I feel impatient with my parents, I just remind myself that one day they won't be here.  and then she started to cry at that thought.   Jessica has an appt with her doctor this morning at 11 to find out the results of the ultrasound she had last week and to see what could be causing her legs to ache so badly.  I asked her yesterday and she told me she weighs 240 pounds.  I'm sure her weight is playing a big factor in all this.  after we dropped her off, my mom made a comment about how cute Jessica USED to be.  I told mom she is STILL cute.  Mom can't see past my daughter's weight  but I'm sure that's due to her dementia and lack of tact that is causing.

happy hump day everyone!  

LAMARQ
by Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 8:14 AM

Today I'm working... a typical day.

darmomusaf
by Gold Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 8:24 AM

Working and then heading out to a benefit spaghetti dinner for a young teen diagnosed with cancer. Our community is very good at supporting these families, the church is only charging $1.00 per meal and hoping for bigger donations from those who can afford it. No one will be turned away.

atlmom2
by Susie on Oct. 9, 2013 at 8:45 AM
I am in Indiana. Going to get my dd from college for her fall break later today.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:25 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 8:54 AM

House stuff,
Bug guy coming today .. hopefully get started on menu & market list ;)

jes_eli_0710
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 8:58 AM
I too was running late in dropping the kiddos off at daycare/before school prgm.

Today I wont be doing much except going to work. Today is my day to supervise station activities for the kids so I will definetly be getting home exhausted. Today is one of those days where I take out my slow cooker so I wont have to worry much about dinner.

My day will be pretty long even though Im not doing much. It will be boring also. Lol

** I also am doing some cleaning which I should have started already but aim too lazy and Im on cm and watching The Golden Girls. Lol.
suzeebloch
by Ronna on Oct. 9, 2013 at 9:00 AM

"bug guy" and "menu" really should not be in the same sentence ... just sayin' 

:o)

Quoting hugss:

House stuff,

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:25 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 9:03 AM

LOL .. too true :)

Quoting suzeebloch:

"bug guy" and "menu" really should not be in the same sentence ... just sayin' 

:o)

Quoting hugss:

House stuff,

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)