Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

21 going on 16

Posted by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 8:19 AM
  • 15 Replies

I swear my DS21 has the mentality of a 16 year old.  He had friends over a week or so ago and the friend was spray painting his car rims.  They were painting outside on the grass.  I was thinking how nice it was that DS21 was home and we bantered back and forth through the window.

Today I go out to the garage to take the garbage out and OMG my son spray painted words on 2 of the walls.  I'm livid since I want to try and sell the house in the Spring and DS21 knows this.  I mentioned it this morning, but he got mad because I bombarded him as he was getting up.  He said he'll buy paint and paint over it, but that's not the point.  I can't keep up with the house and yard work as it is and he rarely helps out so I know this is just one more project for me to do to get the house ready to sell.

Anyway, just venting!! Happy hump day, all.

~ * ~ Karen ~ * ~ Momof3gr8boyz

jugglingtea

by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 8:19 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Bleacheddecay
by Gold Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 1:33 PM
1 mom liked this

*HUGS*

DesignGirl450
by Lynda on Oct. 9, 2013 at 1:43 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes, 21 is still very young, and they do not always have good judgement.  I feel for you, and make sure you get on him to do that painting.  

Esmrlda
by Esme on Oct. 9, 2013 at 1:51 PM
2 moms liked this

Bombard him until he paints over the words.  ; )

LAMARQ
by Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 2:25 PM

Thank you.  And they weren't bad words or anything, just the point.  And I know he should be the one to paint, but I need it done right since I want to sell.

Maddie24
by Gold Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 9:08 PM
1 mom liked this

Absolutely.  Keep on him until it is done.  He is a young adult and needs to know he crossed a boundry - he is 21 not 8.  He will grow up!!  Do you keep up with a house by yourself? 

LadySaphira
by Lisa on Oct. 9, 2013 at 10:11 PM
1 mom liked this

ugh! sometimes I think males never mature!

KittyGram
by Becky on Oct. 9, 2013 at 10:14 PM
2 moms liked this
Don't paint it for him. Insist that he do it, and if it's not to your liking the first time, then tell him to paint it again. And keep doing that until he gets it right.
Quoting LAMARQ:

Thank you.  And they weren't bad words or anything, just the point.  And I know he should be the one to paint, but I need it done right since I want to sell.

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Today at 12:11 AM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Oct. 10, 2013 at 12:07 AM
1 mom liked this

Aww sorry,
Hopefully he will help you went you want to do it ;)

LAMARQ
by Member on Oct. 10, 2013 at 9:02 AM

Yes, I do everything in and outside the house by myself as I'm a single mom.  Which is why I want to sell it.  It's a 5 bedroom house and it's too much for me physically and financially.  DS21 doesn't help and I have to nag him to mow the lawn and he does it when he's ready and not before.  I get very frustrated with him.

Quoting Maddie24:

Absolutely.  Keep on him until it is done.  He is a young adult and needs to know he crossed a boundry - he is 21 not 8.  He will grow up!!  Do you keep up with a house by yourself? 

momma-t42
by Gold Member on Oct. 10, 2013 at 10:25 AM
2 moms liked this
I agree. If you do it for him, even for the sake of doing it 'right', you wil handicap him from life's consequences and he'll keep acting like a 16 year old. Let HIM learn to be considerate by making him do the hard work until its how you want it. He'll be married one day and his wife will be treating him like a baby if he doesn't learn that responsibility for his actions now. Then, there will be defensiveness for how the woman treats your son, when in reality, this is an opportunity for him to grow into a 'one day' husband and father who will need to responsible.

Quoting KittyGram:

Don't paint it for him. Insist that he do it, and if it's not to your liking the first time, then tell him to paint it again. And keep doing that until he gets it right.

Quoting LAMARQ:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN