Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Have you made any preparation for winter weather yet?

Posted by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 11:40 AM
  • 24 Replies

Or if you are on the other side of the globe, for the summer?

I have stocked up more on TP, bought a box of powdered milk, some yeast in case I need to bake bread, but that's all so far. Oh and started switching clothes in my closet for warmer clothes.

by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 11:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Why123
by Nancy on Oct. 9, 2013 at 11:46 AM
1 mom liked this

I will be switching out my clothes soon.  Other than that nothing really.

atlmom2
by Susie on Oct. 9, 2013 at 11:46 AM
1 mom liked this
Looking forward to spending 2 months in FL. That is my preparation.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lilmoosesmom
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 11:48 AM
1 mom liked this

I don't really have much of a winter here in NC. :) 

suzeebloch
by Ronna on Oct. 9, 2013 at 11:48 AM

I was looking around briefly this morning for my favorite little throw blanket as my lap was chilly this morning!  I'll have to look harder later on when I have time.  The snow shovel I purchased last year after we had two back-to-back blizzards here in KC this past February is still standing behind my front door, and I remember seeing my ice and snow scraper in my trunk.  

But unlike you, Barb, I have NOT stocked up on anything.  When I get some extra time, I need to rearrange my closet, too, so that my fall/winter clothes are in the first closet and put the summer stuff in the second closet.  My bedroom's east wall is all closet which makes a handy buffer between me and my MNDNP Tom.  lol.

Bmat
by Barb on Oct. 9, 2013 at 12:04 PM

goodAll right!!!

Quoting atlmom2:

Looking forward to spending 2 months in FL. That is my preparation.

Bmat
by Barb on Oct. 9, 2013 at 12:05 PM

This is nice. I don't like the ice that we get here.

Quoting lilmoosesmom:

I don't really have much of a winter here in NC. :) 

Bmat
by Barb on Oct. 9, 2013 at 12:08 PM

I did get my little throw blanket out, and an afghan that a friend crocheted for me that the cats think belongs to them.

Any progress on ensuring your privacy?

Quoting suzeebloch:

I was looking around briefly this morning for my favorite little throw blanket as my lap was chilly this morning!  I'll have to look harder later on when I have time.  The snow shovel I purchased last year after we had two back-to-back blizzards here in KC this past February is still standing behind my front door, and I remember seeing my ice and snow scraper in my trunk.  

But unlike you, Barb, I have NOT stocked up on anything.  When I get some extra time, I need to rearrange my closet, too, so that my fall/winter clothes are in the first closet and put the summer stuff in the second closet.  My bedroom's east wall is all closet which makes a handy buffer between me and my MNDNP Tom.  lol.

suzeebloch
by Ronna on Oct. 9, 2013 at 12:19 PM
1 mom liked this

cold weather means MNDNP Tom won't be sitting outside.  lol.  That's progress, right?  He really doesn't do that too often anyway but when he does, wow it bugs the peewadden outta me.

I have throw blankets on my sofa, love seat and ottoman.  My cats think those are their blankets, too. 

Quoting Bmat:

I did get my little throw blanket out, and an afghan that a friend crocheted for me that the cats think belongs to them.

Quoting suzeebloch:

Bmat
by Barb on Oct. 9, 2013 at 12:28 PM

LOL! Well that is progress in a way. :)

I also have a plug-in cat cushion that heats just enough so the cats like napping there. :)

Quoting suzeebloch:

cold weather means MNDNP Tom won't be sitting outside.  lol.  That's progress, right?  He really doesn't do that too often anyway but when he does, wow it bugs the peewadden outta me.

I have throw blankets on my sofa, love seat and ottoman.  My cats think those are their blankets, too. 

Quoting Bmat:

Quoting suzeebloch:

Esmrlda
by Esme on Oct. 9, 2013 at 12:30 PM
1 mom liked this

Nothing here on my end.  We dont have very long or very cold winters.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)