Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

Do you think everything happens for a reason?

Posted by on Oct. 10, 2013 at 9:23 AM
  • 51 Replies

In another group there is a post asking for favorite sayings, and this one came up- that Everything happens for a reason.  What are your thoughts on this?

by on Oct. 10, 2013 at 9:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Cindy18
by Platinum Member on Oct. 10, 2013 at 9:28 AM
2 moms liked this

I do. I don't think we always know or can even fathom what the reason is sometimes but there is a grand plan. 

One of my favorite saying is "God doesn't give you more than you can handle, I just wish he didn't trust me so much!" 

Why123
by Nancy on Oct. 10, 2013 at 9:36 AM
7 moms liked this

I think things happen for a reason.  I broke my neck in an auto accident.  I was sitting at home watching tv after the surgery when I saw a program on intestinal diseases.  As soon as I could I took my youngest daughter to the doctor and asked if this could be her problem.  My surgery was in the middle of June.  She was hospitalized twice in August and was told that if she wasn't hospitalized again in September she only had about two weeks left to live.  If it wasn't for the accident and then the surgery I may not have known what was wrong with my daughter.

KittyGram
by Becky on Oct. 10, 2013 at 9:51 AM
1 mom liked this
I guess I believe it, but only if you learn from it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momma-t42
by Gold Member on Oct. 10, 2013 at 9:59 AM
4 moms liked this
I believe 'some' things in life do happen for a reason, but I also believe people can overuse this quote to divert from taking responsibility for their actions.
Sometimes things happen as a consequence of our decisions in which we have been given the freedom to make. The 'cause' being "free will" results in 'effects' of many many circumstances more so than "it all happens for a reason", which can dismiss the fact that it wouldn't have happened had we made a better choice.
MichelleMc
by Silver Member on Oct. 10, 2013 at 10:02 AM
1 mom liked this

I think that things out of our control happen for a reason. Like you don't know why this changes or you don't get that job but get this job. Or why you were delayed for this or that. Other things too that just happen. 

terri-553
by Silver Member on Oct. 10, 2013 at 10:16 AM
1 mom liked this

happyI am a frim believer in what deosn;t kill you makes you stronger,And myMomma always said it cost anything to be nice,Number rule I learned from my Momma if you don;t have anything nice to say don;t say anything at all.Yes everything happens for a reason even if we can;t see why at the time

LEK19
by Platinum Member on Oct. 10, 2013 at 11:31 AM
1 mom liked this

Sometimes...

and sometimes things just have a way of working out! 

luvnature
by Bronze Member on Oct. 10, 2013 at 11:40 AM
1 mom liked this

Yes I believe everything happens for a reason. 

nana9106
by Darlene on Oct. 10, 2013 at 12:01 PM
1 mom liked this
Yes I believe that. It is all about Gods plan for us. I believe that we are supposed to learn from the things we dont understand and accept the things that are out of our control.
Bmat
by Barb on Oct. 10, 2013 at 12:06 PM

Oh gosh, I love this! :)  

Quoting Cindy18:

I do. I don't think we always know or can even fathom what the reason is sometimes but there is a grand plan. 

One of my favorite saying is "God doesn't give you more than you can handle, I just wish he didn't trust me so much!" 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)