Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

Kitchen Talk for October 20th

Posted by on Oct. 20, 2013 at 8:35 AM
  • 13 Replies

What food/recipe do you love but do not make because someone you know makes it soooo good you just wait for them to make it? 

Who makes it the best?

by on Oct. 20, 2013 at 8:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
suzeebloch
by Ronna on Oct. 20, 2013 at 8:40 AM

Rice balls.  My Aunt Miyako in Japan makes them the best.  It's gonna be a while before I get back to Japan, however, to have them! 

Cindy18
by Platinum Member on Oct. 20, 2013 at 8:48 AM

I have a few.....

Cheesy Potatoes- Love my sister's

Taco Dip- my friend, Denise, makes it sooo good.

I refuse to take either of these recipes when someone offers them. I just want to eat them when they make them!

Bleacheddecay
by Gold Member on Oct. 20, 2013 at 9:11 AM

I can't think of a single thing I refuse to try to make but I'd rather not make manicotti most of the time. Sadly, my fav local restaurant was taken over by the third gen about 7 years ago. It's now out of business. It might be time to start making my own manicotti again.

atlmom2
by Susie on Oct. 20, 2013 at 9:14 AM
spaghetti sauce and meatballs. MIL makes it awesome.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LEK19
by Platinum Member on Oct. 20, 2013 at 12:35 PM

Vegetable Lasagna. I have never made it - nearly everyone makes it better! I have tried frozen but that wasn't very good. A friend's Mom makes it the best! 

Cindy18
by Platinum Member on Oct. 20, 2013 at 1:07 PM

OMG!! I had a great vegetable lasagna on a river cruise once. I've never tried to make it either.

Quoting LEK19:

Vegetable Lasagna. I have never made it - nearly everyone makes it better! I have tried frozen but that wasn't very good. A friend's Mom makes it the best! 

dead_tree_with_ghosts_pumpkins_i-2.jpg picture by squishydd

mac1940
by Mary Ann on Oct. 20, 2013 at 1:15 PM

I can no longer say that  but before my sis passed away, I would never make her New York cheesecake or her frpple cake as hers were so wonderfully excellent.  I now make them but still don't think they are as good as hers though I follow her recipes exactly.

gmadiane
by on Oct. 20, 2013 at 1:24 PM

I wont make fried chicken because my husbands puts mine to shame, my dd also makes amazing mashed potatoes

kuntrylady56
by Gold Member on Oct. 20, 2013 at 4:49 PM

One thing I love but just never get right is southern fried chicken and my Mom made it the best witht the white gravy mixed in with the crumbs from frying the chicken over mashed potatos,yummmm!  And since I live in Mo and she lives in VA and dosen't cook much anymore I haven't had hers in years.  There is a little Mom and Pop resturaunt here in town that comes kind of close, but its still missing something. 

Maddie24
by Gold Member on Oct. 20, 2013 at 4:55 PM

My sis lives close by and I think she is a better cook.  I will take her food over mine any day!! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN