Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hi, Welcome to...

Posted by on Oct. 20, 2013 at 8:58 AM
  • 15 Replies

..... Great Clips, Chili's, Chase Bank.....

I have noticed that a lot of busineeses are "Welcoming" you when you walk in. Not just the employee that is waiting on you but every employee that is in the place all yell.... Welcome to ______!

Do you like that? Where's the strangest place that you have been "mobbed" with a welcome?

by on Oct. 20, 2013 at 8:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Bleacheddecay
by Silver Member on Oct. 20, 2013 at 9:15 AM

I kind of like it. It makes me laugh. I also think it might help employees remember they are in a service business and the customer is nearly always right if you want them to come back again.

mac1940
by Mary Ann on Oct. 20, 2013 at 11:18 AM

I haven't experienced a mob welcome yet.  I do get a greeter welcome at a few stores but never a mob welcome.

LEK19
by Platinum Member on Oct. 20, 2013 at 12:31 PM

It happened once at a coffee shop in the cities, but I don't remember which one. It was quite a while ago. There were about 5 people on staff and they all said "Good Morning" almost at the same time. 

gmadiane
by Gold Member on Oct. 20, 2013 at 1:26 PM

I only notice it at all the stores I go to, I dont really like it

Cindy18
by Platinum Member on Oct. 20, 2013 at 1:50 PM

I don't care for it either. 

I was somewhere recently and the employees did that and I wasn't expecting it at this place, problem is, I can't remember where I was.... grr.....

Quoting gmadiane:

I only notice it at all the stores I go to, I dont really like it

KittyGram
by Becky on Oct. 20, 2013 at 1:58 PM
I haven't noticed that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momma-t42
by Gold Member on Oct. 20, 2013 at 2:04 PM
I noticed it when Blockbuster Video was the place to rent movies. I took it for granted until one time I walked in and no one greeted me... Then I missed it.

A few weeks back, my husband and I went to a subway type place to eat and you could tell they were "required" to greet you when you walked in, but they did not train them in their personality and it was the 'WORST' greeting if all!!! I wanted to walk out from their insincere sluggish type greeting. It brought a more negative focus, and I won't be going back.
DesignGirl450
by Lynda on Oct. 20, 2013 at 2:49 PM

I like that employees are doing customer service and welcoming you to their establishment.  I have always felt that Americans gave much better service than in Canada.  I like to be treated by employees that they seem pleased you are shopping/eating/whatever at their place. 

Bmat
by Barb on Oct. 20, 2013 at 4:25 PM

I don't know of any strange places. I like when people greet me.  The other day I was checking out at a grocery store and the cashier never looked me in the eye, never asked if I found everything or if I needed help out to the car, not a warm fuzzy feeling there.

Bmat
by Barb on Oct. 20, 2013 at 4:26 PM

That would be so annoying!!

Quoting momma-t42:

I noticed it when Blockbuster Video was the place to rent movies. I took it for granted until one time I walked in and no one greeted me... Then I missed it.

A few weeks back, my husband and I went to a subway type place to eat and you could tell they were "required" to greet you when you walked in, but they did not train them in their personality and it was the 'WORST' greeting if all!!! I wanted to walk out from their insincere sluggish type greeting. It brought a more negative focus, and I won't be going back.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)