Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Kitchen Talk for October 21st

Posted by on Oct. 21, 2013 at 6:44 AM
  • 28 Replies

Where do you keep your cookbooks? Do you have a special place you put them when you using them so they don't get dirty?

by on Oct. 21, 2013 at 6:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
suzeebloch
by Ronna on Oct. 21, 2013 at 6:53 AM

My Betty Crocker cookbook sits on top of my microwave.  The rest of them are on a bookshelf.  Poor Betty Crocker has been taped up, bookmarked, spine broken, glop glopped on pages. My Grandma gave it to me when I first got married in 1979. 

louannwilkins
by Louann on Oct. 21, 2013 at 7:48 AM

Yes....I have them all in a drawer except my nice pretty one that has handwritten recipes in it.  It stands up on the counter in the corner.

Cindy18
by Platinum Member on Oct. 21, 2013 at 8:55 AM
Mine are kinda all over the place. Some on my dresser, some on the microwave, and some under the end table. I would love to have a shelf for them! And they get gloped on all the time! I need a new system for that too!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JenniferW67
by Bronze Member on Oct. 21, 2013 at 10:02 AM

I used to have a ton of them and I finally got rid of a bunch. I'm down to about 6 now. I have one on the counter in a cookbook stand and the others are in the cabinet we have our microwave in. I should just get rid the others, I find all of my recipes on Food.com now.

Seashell77
by Member on Oct. 21, 2013 at 10:06 AM

I recently moved and so everything is not where it used to be in my other home. There is no room for the shelf where I kept my cookbooks in my last kitchen.  Now the shelf is in the next room, which is the laundry room. It's still close enough. It's a make-shift pantry.  I couldn't afford to buy one of those made for a kitchen to store canned goods and such, so I made my own out of a tall book shelf and attached a piece of fabric over it, to keep the dust out. One of the shelves in the bookcase I keep my cookbooks.  It works for me....... LOL 

PS: I missed answering your question about dirt. The books are not covered by the fabric, only the food is, so the books get a little dusty. I just dust them off in the shelf.

Why123
by Nancy on Oct. 21, 2013 at 10:08 AM

I love cookbooks.  I have a whole bunch of them on a book shelf.  They are still in pristine condition because I don't like to cook.  I keep buying them thinking that maybe some day I will try one of the recipes.

kuntrylady56
by Gold Member on Oct. 21, 2013 at 10:15 AM

I have some in my kitchen on a book shelf and some in my dining room seeting in my china cabinet/hutch that has some shelves and a few my older and dearer ones I have put away in my cedar chest(the one my Dad gave my Mom when they were first married and a older one my great aunt had given me).  When I use mine in the kitchen I try to set away from where I'm mixing or cooking os they don't get messy, but I also have a Bety Crocker one, that has been well loved. :)

EireLass
by Gold Member on Oct. 21, 2013 at 11:07 AM
I have an antique hoosier in my kitchen. I keep them in there.
darmomusaf
by Gold Member on Oct. 21, 2013 at 11:08 AM

We have a special cupboard that houses them. We have lots, I love cookbooks

mac1940
by Mary Ann on Oct. 21, 2013 at 11:12 AM

On a shelf (actually on two shelves) in a bookcase  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)