Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

Do your 'adult kids' help around the house-without having the ASK them?

Posted by on Oct. 21, 2013 at 10:09 PM
  • 21 Replies

by on Oct. 21, 2013 at 10:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Rileyscute
by Bronze Member on Oct. 21, 2013 at 10:11 PM
1 mom liked this

well yes, before she moved out..she is on her own now

mac1940
by Mary Ann on Oct. 21, 2013 at 10:49 PM
1 mom liked this

None of mine live here, but when any one of them visit, they jump right in and do whatever needs doing.  They have changed a lot since they were teens.

PoliteisRight
by Member on Oct. 21, 2013 at 11:12 PM

Good to know, there may be hope :)

Quoting mac1940:

None of mine live here, but when any one of them visit, they jump right in and do whatever needs doing.  They have changed a lot since they were teens.

hugss
by on Oct. 22, 2013 at 12:11 AM
1 mom liked this

When they visit yes ;)

Apatosaurus
by on Oct. 22, 2013 at 12:57 AM
1 mom liked this

Mine do since most of the mess comes froms the their, my grandkids. Grandkids are learning how to clean up after themselves also, just may take longer. My grandsons want to help wash dishes with their sister,but I don't want them standing on a chair. Most of the time they just want to play in the water. I do have them pick up their toys. I do most of the work around the house now that my daughter is working full time, and other things she may wear out. I just go ahead and do them. she still tries to prepare an evening meal for the family. 

suzeebloch
by Ronna on Oct. 22, 2013 at 5:10 AM

Jessica didn't fully move out until she was 26.  She taught me it was an uphill battle to ask her to help me with anything around the house, so I quit asking.  I'm a quick learner.  It was a struggle for her just to keep her own room clean!

Johnny moved out 2 weeks before turning 18 so he was never technically an adult child living at home.  He doesn't help out when he comes home to visit over the Christmas holidays though.  lol.

jjames1990
by Member on Oct. 22, 2013 at 5:49 AM
1 mom liked this
Absolutely. They have been responsible for cleaning at a very young age. I can still picture my oldest standing on a stool doing dishes. I have a cleaning lady that comes once a week now, but the 2 kids that live here know that she isnt their "maid" they are responsible for cleaning up after themselves and keeping their suites clean.
suesues
by Silver Member on Oct. 22, 2013 at 7:48 AM
1 mom liked this

clean there room and dinner plates only

MichelleMc
by Silver Member on Oct. 22, 2013 at 8:45 AM
1 mom liked this

Well my son doesn't live here but right now is on leave & he does. He jumped in to letting the dogs out. He fed & watered them. He took in the groceries & put them away. So far there hasn't been anything major to do, but he has jumped in for regular things and he doesn't live here. He is on vacation LOL

PoliteisRight
by Member on Oct. 22, 2013 at 12:06 PM

I am the same, I can clean up quickly and to have to wait for them to do it takes to long sometimes.  I just wish that mine would just step up once in a while and help out without me having to ask.

Quoting Apatosaurus:

Mine do since most of the mess comes froms the their, my grandkids. Grandkids are learning how to clean up after themselves also, just may take longer. My grandsons want to help wash dishes with their sister,but I don't want them standing on a chair. Most of the time they just want to play in the water. I do have them pick up their toys. I do most of the work around the house now that my daughter is working full time, and other things she may wear out. I just go ahead and do them. she still tries to prepare an evening meal for the family. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)