Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

QOTD- 11/07/13- Do you watch award shows?

Posted by on Nov. 7, 2013 at 6:11 AM
  • 22 Replies

celebritypaparazzi

Which are your favorites? Do you like to see who wins or do you like to see the performances?

by on Nov. 7, 2013 at 6:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
suzeebloch
by Ronna on Nov. 7, 2013 at 6:39 AM

I'm not a fan of any type of award show.

Cindy18
by Platinum Member on Nov. 7, 2013 at 6:52 AM

I do like watching some of the performances. Usually the hosts are pretty funny. Depends on which show it is. 

louannwilkins
by Louann on Nov. 7, 2013 at 7:17 AM

Ehh...depends on what else is on. lol

rosebud727
by Rose on Nov. 7, 2013 at 8:21 AM

If I have the time I watch the Oscars, very occasionally the music awards.

atlmom2
by Gold Member on Nov. 7, 2013 at 8:25 AM
Oscars, Emmy's, Golden Globes, I do.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Cafe MichelleP
by Head Admin on Nov. 7, 2013 at 8:32 AM

I love the Tonys and the Emmys but my true love..lol... is the Academy Awards. We either host or attend an Oscar party every year. We all dress up to walk our own red carpet, take pics, drink champagne, eat  hors d'oeuvres, cast our ballots (select our picks to win) in the major categories before hand and then watch. At the end of the night, the Firm of Whoevers House We Are At (the host) will tally all the ballots. Whoever correctly chose the most winners is awarded our version of an Oscar swag bag but in order to receive the swag bag, they have to give an acceptance speech!

SO much fun.

alwaysbelieve
by Member on Nov. 7, 2013 at 9:35 AM

I'll fess...I watched the CMA's

I have a teeny bit of country music history & wanted to see some friends I haven't seen in a while...even if it was on the TV set! LOL  I was not disappointed & in the last performance, I finally got to see my old 'flame'...gave me some smiles (damn, he looks good!!)

Why123
by Nancy on Nov. 7, 2013 at 9:38 AM

I haven't watched an awards show in years.  I don't watch movies much or tv.  I like listening to music but most of the people on these shows are either people that I have never heard of or faces I would never recognize so why bother.

MichelleMc
by Silver Member on Nov. 7, 2013 at 9:53 AM

I don't like them. 

mac1940
by Mary Ann on Nov. 7, 2013 at 11:49 AM

Not as a general rule anymore.  I used to watch the Academy Awards but am not much of a movie buff anymore, so am not familiar with the movies or the nominees.  We do occasionally watch the CMAs depending on what else is on in which case we record but rarely get around to watching them.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)