Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

Kitchen Talk (11/07)- Best thing I Ever Ate... NEW RECIPE

Posted by on Nov. 7, 2013 at 6:15 AM
  • 14 Replies

eating What is the best NEW recipe you have made recently? Do you have a new recipe you are dying to try? Please share....

by on Nov. 7, 2013 at 6:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
suzeebloch
by Ronna on Nov. 7, 2013 at 6:42 AM

I don't know that there have been any new recipes that I would consider "best."  However, since I started making my own liquid sucralose, I do want to try the easy peanut butter cookies - recipe is 1 C peanut butter, 1 egg, 1 cup sugar and 1 tsp vanilla.  yeah, I know, something seems to be missing.  But I've made these cookies before using sugar sugar and they are fantastic.  so I want to try them with my liquid sucralose and see how they turn out.

Cindy18
by Platinum Member on Nov. 7, 2013 at 6:47 AM

I've made those cookies before.

Quoting suzeebloch:

I don't know that there have been any new recipes that I would consider "best."  However, since I started making my own liquid sucralose, I do want to try the easy peanut butter cookies - recipe is 1 C peanut butter, 1 egg, 1 cup sugar and 1 tsp vanilla.  yeah, I know, something seems to be missing.  But I've made these cookies before using sugar sugar and they are fantastic.  so I want to try them with my liquid sucralose and see how they turn out.

Cindy18
by Platinum Member on Nov. 7, 2013 at 7:11 AM

One of the best was Chili Tortellini.... Making it tonight. I'll post the recipe tonight.

atlmom2
by Susie on Nov. 7, 2013 at 8:27 AM
I need a really really good main dish or casserole recipe in the next couple hours. Anyone???
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Esmrlda
by Esme on Nov. 7, 2013 at 4:29 PM

Yes and Im going to make it again tonight. Its called Brussel Sprout hash.

LEK19
by Platinum Member on Nov. 7, 2013 at 4:30 PM

I have been looking for a recipe for "bongy" dumplings - dumplings that hold their shape and are a bit chewy and heavy. Not using biscuit mix either - they crumble and are too light. I recently used a recipe that called for egg and they were very close but not quite. 

I just copied a recipe for Creamed Onions using beef broth that I want to try. Maybe next week.

Cindy18
by Platinum Member on Nov. 7, 2013 at 5:08 PM

Chili Tortellini

1 lb Dry or Frozen Tortellini (I use Frozen)

2 onion, chopped

2 cloves garlic, chopped

1 lb hamburger (I use ground turkey)

Cook and brown burger with onions and garlic. Drain if necessery.

In Dutch Oven, Add burger then:

1/2 tsp. salt

1/4 tsp. pepper

1/4 tsp. garlic salt (I use powder)

32 oz. chicken broth

2- 15 oz can chili beans

1- 10 oz can Rotel Original tomatoes

2 Tb. ground cumin

1 1/2 Tb. chili powder

1/2 C. fresh cilantro (optional)

Bring to a boil then add torellini and cook until pasta is done. 

louannwilkins
by Louann on Nov. 7, 2013 at 7:50 PM

I haven't really tried anything new lately other than the stupid easy chicken crock pot meal.  I think I added it to the recipe post

Bmat
by Barb on Nov. 7, 2013 at 8:40 PM

I haven't tried anything new lately either. My husband has to go on a higher protein, less carb diet, so I am in a state of disruption trying to adjust my cooking. :(

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:24 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Nov. 8, 2013 at 12:03 AM

Beef stew in the CP :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)