Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

What are you doing today....Thursday?

Posted by on Nov. 7, 2013 at 6:48 AM
  • 29 Replies

come tell us....

by on Nov. 7, 2013 at 6:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Cindy18
by Platinum Member on Nov. 7, 2013 at 6:50 AM

Work, work, work, of course! 8-4ish. My client has a doctor's appointment and then I have tons of office work to do. 

Home to cook dinner and then we HAVE to pass out our Scouting for Food bags. 

louannwilkins
by Louann on Nov. 7, 2013 at 6:52 AM

Good morning.....I'm up and having some coffee and it's drizzly outside.  It's funny...last night one of the dogs woke me up at 4 am gagging and acting crazy....finally got back to sleep after 5...the night before one of the dogs woke me up at 2 am because she'd eaten grass and it had made her sick.  All you could hear was her stomach gurgling.  Ugh....that is all.  I'am SO ready to go back home!!  LOL  I LOVE dogs so much but I'm SO glad I don't have to deal with one on a full time basis.  lol  It's like having a little kid around again.  LOL  LOL  LOL

Ok...rant over.  I'm hoping to have a good day.  I'm putting some chicken in the crock pot for me and the couple staying in the basement.  I feel bad for them and they've been getting home very late each evening so I thought I would do something nice for them.  He has really been through hell.  It makes me feel SO blessed to have my health and makes me stop and think for sure.  He has the best attitude too.  For all of you who pray remember him please.

Have a good day ladies!!   :)

louannwilkins
by Louann on Nov. 7, 2013 at 6:52 AM

Have a good day  :)

Quoting Cindy18:

Work, work, work, of course! 8-4ish. My client has a doctor's appointment and then I have tons of office work to do. 

Cindy18
by Platinum Member on Nov. 7, 2013 at 6:57 AM
1 mom liked this

Oops, I think I forgot to add picking up my DD again! I will forget her one of these days. :)

Quoting louannwilkins:

Have a good day  :)

Quoting Cindy18:

suzeebloch
by Ronna on Nov. 7, 2013 at 7:02 AM
1 mom liked this

Oh it's Thursday!  That means it's Friday Eve.  lol.

I did a really STUPID thing last night!  I was getting ready for bed and it was 7:30 and I hadn't taken my sleepy meds yet.  So I decided it was going to be an Ambien night.  Well, I took not only the Ambien - but I also took my regular arsenal of sleepy meds.  After I swallowed that I realized OH SHIT.  I didn't think Ambien PLUS 5 mg melatonin PLUS 100 mg Benadryl was a good idea so I drove to the ER.  I just wanted to make sure I was going to wake up in the morning.  lol.  I got there, they took my vitals, hooked me up to a monitor.  the doc came in and said I was just fine but she wasn't sure I'd be able to actually wake up at 3, and they wouldn't let me drive home.  So I called Brian and he picked me up and took me home.  And yeah, I slept LIKE A FREAKING LOG but was up ahead of 3, no problem.  Got my early-morning work done and then Brian stopped by and took me to get my car.  I don't drink and he said that's the first time he's ever seen me "drunk" and that I was funny.  lmao.

any hoo, dad has his wound clinic visit this afternoon.  and that's about all for today ... so far.  

louannwilkins
by Louann on Nov. 7, 2013 at 7:19 AM

Oh gosh Ronna!!  That's scary!  I'm glad you were ok though.  Glad you slept good.  lol  Take care and have a good day!!   :)

Quoting suzeebloch:

I did a really STUPID thing last night!  I was getting ready for bed and it was 7:30 and I hadn't taken my sleepy meds yet.  So I decided it was going to be an Ambien night.  Well, I took not only the Ambien - but I also took my regular arsenal of sleepy meds.  After I swallowed that I realized OH SHIT.  I didn't think Ambien PLUS 5 mg melatonin PLUS 100 mg Benadryl was a good idea so I drove to the ER.  I just wanted to make sure I was going to wake up in the morning.  lol.  I got there, they took my vitals, hooked me up to a monitor.  the doc came in and said I was just fine but she wasn't sure I'd be able to actually wake up at 3, and they wouldn't let me drive home.  So I called Brian and he picked me up and took me home.  And yeah, I slept LIKE A FREAKING LOG but was up ahead of 3, no problem.  Got my early-morning work done and then Brian stopped by and took me to get my car.  I don't drink and he said that's the first time he's ever seen me "drunk" and that I was funny.  lmao.

any hoo, dad has his wound clinic visit this afternoon.  and that's about all for today ... so far.  

darmomusaf
by Gold Member on Nov. 7, 2013 at 7:27 AM

Heading off to work later today, but first I probably should get some groceries, my least favorite chore in the house. Looks like a rainy day here anyway, so going to work will be OK

atlmom2
by Susie on Nov. 7, 2013 at 8:26 AM
Going to a meeting tonight.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Why123
by Nancy on Nov. 7, 2013 at 9:49 AM

Working.  For me today is Friday because I have taken tomorrow off.  The college is closed on Monday so I will have a 4 day weekend and boy do I need it.

Why123
by Nancy on Nov. 7, 2013 at 9:51 AM
1 mom liked this

I know you are stressed right now but you have to be more careful.  I don't want you to go to sleep and not wake up.

Quoting suzeebloch:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)