Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

QOTD- 11/13/13- When was the last time you NAPPED?

Posted by on Nov. 13, 2013 at 6:02 AM
  • 29 Replies

do not disturb Did it recharge you? or Make you more sleepy?

Cindy

by on Nov. 13, 2013 at 6:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
suzeebloch
by Ronna on Nov. 13, 2013 at 6:45 AM

I don't recall specifically which day I last had a nap, but if I'm sitting here working (at home) and get so drowsy I can no longer concentrate, I'll set the kitchen timer for 25 minutes and take a nap.  It's an incredibly deep sleep, too.  The major problem I have is that both cats decide that's the time to snuggle with me.  lol.  Their loud purring and kneading of paws can be distracting but if I'm drowsy enough, I still end up falling into a deep sleep.  I usually "wake up" just before that timer starts to buzz.  If I take a nap longer than 20 minutes or so, then I feel draggy and more tired; but if I stick to 20 minutes, I feel recharged and refreshed.  I don't know why this is but I'm sure there is a scientific reason behind it.  lol. 

rebeccab1966
by on Nov. 13, 2013 at 6:49 AM

About 2 months ago I spent the entire weekend napping, just felt so sleepy and yucky.  A couple days later I woke up with blisters all over my side, it was shingles.  Usually napping makes me feel worse.

atlmom2
by Gold Member on Nov. 13, 2013 at 9:00 AM
I can't remember. I rarely nap, or maybe if I am sick.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KittyGram
by Becky on Nov. 13, 2013 at 9:28 AM

Sunday!

I love naps!!!  I try and get one every weekend.  It just seems to give me an extra little boost, and the week ahead seems to go a bit better.  

suzeebloch
by Ronna on Nov. 13, 2013 at 9:45 AM
Why123
by Nancy on Nov. 13, 2013 at 10:41 AM

Shingles are no fun.  My brother got them.  My mom insisted that I get the shingles vaccination and luckily my insurance covered it.  It's an expensive shot and a lot of insurances won't cover it.

Quoting rebeccab1966:

About 2 months ago I spent the entire weekend napping, just felt so sleepy and yucky.  A couple days later I woke up with blisters all over my side, it was shingles.  Usually napping makes me feel worse.

Why123
by Nancy on Nov. 13, 2013 at 10:42 AM

I don't often nap during the day.  If I do it is because I am sick or maybe bored on a weekend.

Bleacheddecay
by Silver Member on Nov. 13, 2013 at 12:19 PM

Not sure but Iove a little nap now and then.

momma-t42
by Gold Member on Nov. 13, 2013 at 1:33 PM

I believe the last time I napped was last week. Or maybe the week before.  It just helped me catch up.  I have't slept well for awhile.  Can't say it recharged me.

Its.me.Sam.
by Member on Nov. 13, 2013 at 1:35 PM

oh man i wish i could nap. i dont because if i 'nap' i wind up sleeping for too long and wake up super angry and all out of sorts.. headachy and sweaty... its just bad news haha

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)