Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

What was the worst...

Posted by on Nov. 25, 2013 at 2:07 PM
  • 20 Replies

Now going in the other direction, what is the worst present that you ever got?

by on Nov. 25, 2013 at 2:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mac1940
by Mary Ann on Nov. 25, 2013 at 2:14 PM

I haven't had too many really awful presents but the one that comes to mind is a blouse dh bought me,  It was horrible  a kind of maroonish color with a humongous big bow.  I am more of a  plain blouse fancier and have to admit I never ever wore that thing and he must have got the message, as he no longer tries to buy me clothes for a gift unless he takes dd with him.

Why123
by Nancy on Nov. 25, 2013 at 2:24 PM

I understand.  I prefer things to be plain solid colors.  I needed a new set of flannel sheets so I went out and bought myself some.  I was going to give them to myself for Christmas.  Unfortunately my son and daughter in law got me the most awful sheets that had peace symbols all over them.  My daughter in law said that she just knew I wanted them because I looked longingly at them all the time.  What it was is that I looked at them and thought gross.

Quoting mac1940:

I haven't had too many really awful presents but the one that comes to mind is a blouse dh bought me,  It was horrible  a kind of maroonish color with a humongous big bow.  I am more of a  plain blouse fancier and have to admit I never ever wore that thing and he must have got the message, as he no longer tries to buy me clothes for a gift unless he takes dd with him.

DesignGirl450
by Lynda on Nov. 25, 2013 at 2:25 PM

My husband doesn't buy me clothes either for gifts unless I am very specific about what I want.  I would have to tell him the store, size, colour of a garment. 

Quoting mac1940:

MichelleMc
by Silver Member on Nov. 25, 2013 at 2:35 PM

Hmm...Well I had a close family member that was all about fuel perks. I love fuel perks when I can use them buying gift cards, but I would never buy someone one  just to get fuel perks if they didn't like it. It was for somewhere I would never eat. The same year she got our son one for somewhere he would never shop. Otherwise I don't think I ever got a bad present because the thought would have been into it, and nothing else comes to mind LOL. 

Esmrlda
by Esme on Nov. 25, 2013 at 5:31 PM

A popcorn tin from my bf at the time.

LEK19
by Platinum Member on Nov. 25, 2013 at 5:34 PM

I don't remember! I think I have forgotten for a reason!!!! 

Bleacheddecay
by Gold Member on Nov. 25, 2013 at 6:02 PM

A huge stuffed green frog instead of the expected engagement ring. Jerk!

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:27 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Nov. 26, 2013 at 12:04 AM

A lime green *case* .. kind of like something you would put folders in I guess
Or maybe it was a *butterfly* lamp :)

Why123
by Nancy on Nov. 26, 2013 at 10:01 AM

That just wasn't nice.

Quoting MichelleMc:

Hmm...Well I had a close family member that was all about fuel perks. I love fuel perks when I can use them buying gift cards, but I would never buy someone one  just to get fuel perks if they didn't like it. It was for somewhere I would never eat. The same year she got our son one for somewhere he would never shop. Otherwise I don't think I ever got a bad present because the thought would have been into it, and nothing else comes to mind LOL. 

Why123
by Nancy on Nov. 26, 2013 at 10:02 AM

Depends on what kind of popcorn was in it.  Caramel popcorn would be ok.  Stale popcorn is not.

Quoting Esmrlda:

A popcorn tin from my bf at the time.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)