Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

QOTD- 12/01/13- What is your workplace like?

Posted by   + Show Post

Friendly, fun place to work, boring, busy, office based, community based? Tell us about your workplace......

~~CINDY

by on Dec. 1, 2013 at 5:58 AM
Replies (11-16):
Marinefranksmom
by Bronze Member on Dec. 1, 2013 at 11:40 PM

I work part time in an office - a call center for a manufacturer of well known brands of consumer products.  I've been there for almost 20 years & I like the job & my co-workers.  It is a very busy job and seldom boring, though sometimes monotonous. 

american flag ribbon

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:20 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Dec. 2, 2013 at 12:09 AM

not working

Why123
by Nancy on Dec. 2, 2013 at 2:18 PM

Quoting Cindy18:

Friendly,  I work at a college.  I have been here for 26 years.  I never thought I would be here that long but it is a great place to work.

fun place to work,  It is definitely a fun place to work.

boring,  It can be boring sometimes.  If I am working on a large test bank it is very repetitive.

busy,  It can be quite busy depending on the time of year.  It is busier at the beginning and end of the semester.  Once they decide on a new learning management system it will be busy because everything will have to be changed over.

office based,  It is definitely office based.

community based?  I have occasionally gone out into the community for various reasons.

Tell us about your workplace......

emptynstr
by Leanne on Dec. 2, 2013 at 2:45 PM

Job #1 Friendly, yes

Fun place to work: can be

Boring, busy: never boring, being a department of one keeps me busy

Office based, community based: kind of both, I am a collections manager for a small museum.

Job #2 Friendly: yes, I really like a lot of my fellow local archaeologists

Fun place to work: can be, depends on the weather, and conditions like mud, bugs, poison ivy ect.

Boring, busy: can be boring, walking a cornfield is kind of boring you just keep walking and starting at the ground.

Office based, community based: I don't get into the report writing end of jobs, so mine is office based only when doing artifact cleaning and recording. We are in the community but not always welcome. 

And I still occasionally help my daughter out with work from the drafting business I turned over to her last year, that is very boring, computer work.

DesignGirl450
by Lynda on Dec. 2, 2013 at 3:26 PM

My workplace is my home, which I love but is definitely a lot of work as three levels, two sets of stairs to dust.   It changed last December when my husband's consulting job was finished and he has been at home ever since, something I was definitely not used to.  He has an office on the basement level and has done a lot of work there, but is usually around for lunch.  He has started to seriously look for a new position, and then my workplace will be more solitary again.  Yay. 

Esmrlda
by Esme on Dec. 2, 2013 at 4:18 PM

Horrid, it is the worst place I have ever worked.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)