Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

OUCH!!!

Posted by on Dec. 2, 2013 at 11:44 AM
  • 6 Replies

Just got a call from our garage and its costing us over 500.00 to get out Chevy fixed. And I haven't even gotten an estimate on getting the Dodge(my truck fixed). Boy that took me out of my Christmasy mood real quick.  

Luckily we have the money from my school loans put back that I can use it just kills me to put out that amount of money all at one time.  

I knew I should of stayed in bed today. :(

by on Dec. 2, 2013 at 11:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
mac1940
by Mary Ann on Dec. 2, 2013 at 11:59 AM

I hate car repair bills - they are always big bucks.  And  Christmas is definitely not a good time to have it happen.    Of course I hate all expenses associted with a car - it seems to me like when I pay big bucks for a car it should run forever and not need new this, that, or anything else.  I got really steamed the other day when we had to put studded tires on our for winter driving and it was almost 1000 dollars.  

drumomma
by Member on Dec. 2, 2013 at 12:05 PM

I know what you mean - I just had to have some major engine work done on my car - our only vehicle - and was without it for 2 weeks - and it cost me about $800. But can't afford to buy another car at this point in time.

suzeebloch
by Ronna on Dec. 2, 2013 at 12:38 PM

yikes.  I guess merry christmas to you?  You should put red and green ribbons and bows on your Chevy on Christmas day. 

kuntrylady56
by Gold Member on Dec. 2, 2013 at 1:12 PM

LMAO, I know. For that price that should include a wash and wax job too.lol

Quoting suzeebloch:

yikes.  I guess merry christmas to you?  You should put red and green ribbons and bows on your Chevy on Christmas day. 

GaleJ
by Bronze Member on Dec. 2, 2013 at 3:01 PM
Oh boy do I understand where you're coming from! Last Tuesday I set it up to have the car for the day to run a whole heap of holiday errands and damn if a brake line didn't rupture, cost us over three hundred dollars to fix.
Esmrlda
by Esme on Dec. 2, 2013 at 4:27 PM

uuuugh I hate anything that has to do with car repairs.  My last car repair cost me 880.00. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN