Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

do you have any homemade ideas or remedies that you would like to share!!!!

Posted by   + Show Post

ive always been interested in homemade ideas and remedies if yoiu tried them and it works i would love to try it. 

by on Dec. 7, 2013 at 12:27 AM
Replies (21-30):
LEK19
by Group Admin on Jan. 10, 2014 at 2:16 PM
2 moms liked this

Quoting Bleacheddecay:

No. The liquids are lemon juice and coconut oil.

Quoting starlite204:

Quoting Bleacheddecay:

Raw Honey

Coconut oil

and

Lemon juice help a cough.

is there any water or some other kind of liquid that you mix with that?

When you have that nasty tickle cough that keeps you from falling asleep, take a spoonful of honey. It coats the throat long enough to let you fall asleep. 

Mariagma3
by Gold Member on Jan. 10, 2014 at 4:41 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting SpiritFortress:

Vick's also clears up toe nail fungus. I know...ew...lol

Quoting Mariagma3:

This past year, I had a vericose vein that was throbbing like crazy. My MIL suggested that I put Vick's on it. The pain went away very shortly after it started. Worked great!

Oh, that's good to know! But, yeah, ew on the toenail fungus! LOL

jabs54
by Jeanine on Jan. 11, 2014 at 9:43 PM

I love this post.  Is there someway we can keep it at the top of the first page???

Marinefranksmom
by Gold Member on Jan. 11, 2014 at 10:40 PM
1 mom liked this

My "hot toddy" for falling asleep:  I bring a cup of milk to almost a boil.  Then I add a tsp of sugar (not artificial sweetener), a 1/4 tsp of vanilla extract (not flavoring) then sprinkle the top with cinnamon &/or nutmeg.  This never fails to get me to sleep.  The warm milk is relaxing, the sugar raises then lowers your blood sugar level to make you sleepy & the vanilla extract has a tiny bit of alcohol.  The spices are aromatic & soothing especially cinnamon which will level blood sugar to avoid hunger.  If you are diabetic or can't have alcohol, just do the warm milk with cinnamon.

starlite204
by on Jan. 11, 2014 at 11:13 PM

im new at this i dont know, but i like it  too ,because alot of people have so many good ideas.

Quoting jabs54:

I love this post.  Is there someway we can keep it at the top of the first page???

starlite204
by on Jan. 12, 2014 at 11:36 PM
  •      I dont have to buy dryer sheets -  Make Your own -  Mix  1 Cup of downey  2 cups of water in to a sealed container i use  dollar store sponges in a pack cut into halfves put the halfves into the container to soak when your going to use one just let the excess drip off and drop one in the dryer  when the sponge is dry just put it back into the container with the lid and use them over again.
redneck_kids
by on Jan. 13, 2014 at 11:22 AM

Honey, Limon and water in a bottle for coughs and it works great. Vinegar in the dishwasher for the rinsing agent thing. Coffee grounds mixed with water and a scrubber took off the thick grease build up on the bar b q. I too use vinegar and water for mirrors and Windows. Baking soda and washing soap for dishwasher soap(some use a Limon cutting agent to sparkle like cool aid). 

starlite204
by on Jan. 13, 2014 at 11:45 AM

you said baking soda and ( washing soap) do you mean dish soap? and you said  (lemon cutting agent)  like what kind?  thanks

Quoting redneck_kids:

Honey, Limon and water in a bottle for coughs and it works great. Vinegar in the dishwasher for the rinsing agent thing. Coffee grounds mixed with water and a scrubber took off the thick grease build up on the bar b q. I too use vinegar and water for mirrors and Windows. Baking soda and washing soap for dishwasher soap(some use a Limon cutting agent to sparkle like cool aid). 

emptynstr
by on Jan. 13, 2014 at 12:05 PM
1 mom liked this

use baking soda to deodorize old books. sprinkle between a few pages let sit at least overnight, gently brush away.

I have a couple websites bookmarked for reference, i go to when I have a household questions.

www.vinegartips.com

http://earth911.com

redneck_kids
by on Jan. 13, 2014 at 12:19 PM

Arm and hammer washing soda and borax (sorry had ingredients wrong)equal parts and it calls for citric acid half that. Like use I cup washing soda and borax then use half cup citric stuff. Some say use the lemmon kool aid, I don't use citric or koolaid and my dishes come out fine. But it may depend on water and temp. Just have to work with it. 

Quoting starlite204:

you said baking soda and ( washing soap) do you mean dish soap? and you said  (lemon cutting agent)  like what kind?  thanks

Quoting redneck_kids:

Intuition is the voice of the spirit within you. - Morgan Llewllyn 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)