Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

What are you doing today.....Tuesday?

Posted by on Dec. 17, 2013 at 7:15 AM
  • 17 Replies

come tell us......

by on Dec. 17, 2013 at 7:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
louannwilkins
by Louann on Dec. 17, 2013 at 7:17 AM

Good morning.....coffee and raisin toast time.  lol  I need something to get me going.  lol

I spent a LONG time at Lorna's yesterday.  She had me do my usual and wrap presents for her.  She paid me an extra 60.00 to wrap.  Then I went to see Gary. 

Hope you all have a good day   :)

luvnature
by Bronze Member on Dec. 17, 2013 at 7:19 AM

will bring the movies I borrowed last week back to the library, after that come home and finish filling out the greeting cards dd is giving to her paper route customers this Thursday and if I have time, I will try to bake some cookies. 

jjames1990
by on Dec. 17, 2013 at 7:19 AM
1 mom liked this
I dislike wrapping ao much!

Today I am working. Usually I am not happy at all about that, and dont get me wrong I am not doing back flips over here, but today I have a project to work on so the day should go by fast.

Quoting louannwilkins:

Good morning.....coffee and raisin toast time.  lol  I need something to get me going.  lol

I spent a LONG time at Lorna's yesterday.  She had me do my usual and wrap presents for her.  She paid me an extra 60.00 to wrap.  Then I went to see Gary. 

suzeebloch
by Ronna on Dec. 17, 2013 at 7:38 AM

Tuesday:  When my alarms first started going off this morning, I was thoroughly confused, thinking WTH?  It's weekend.  LOL.  I realized my mistake quickly but still didn't crawl my butt outta bed until 3:15.

Went over to help my daughter clean her apartment yesterday afternoon.  She is tight on her $$ right now - she's getting unemployment, but the first 3 checks are paying back an overpayment from unemployment she incurred a couple years ago.  She should get a partial check at the end of this week.  She had an interview set wtih another loan collection company but they called to postpone and that probably won't happen now until after the holidays.   But, knowing she is tight on money (she has always been a terrible budgeter!) I took her with me after cleaning her apartment and bought her a carton of smokes.  yeah, I know, not the best thing a mom could do but I smoke and was headed there for cigs and gas anyway.  merry early christmas to her.  lol.  I do feel she has made great strides in taking care of herself and being a smoker, I know how hard it is to quit or even cut back.  She has enough stress in her life right now as it is.

Anyhoo, I have an eye appointment this afternoon - have been wearing my contact lenses pretty much every day for about 10 hours.  Other than those bubbles forming under the lenses, they are awesome.  so nice to be able to drive at night and be able to see more clearly than before!  The doc said last visit he may tweak the prescription a bit - stronger - and also lenses with more curvature inside to prevent those bubbles from forming.  My corneas are no longer a nice smooth dome shape - from the RK surgery I had 20 years ago, my corneas have valleys and ridges so air can get trapped under the contact lens, forming a bubble which feels like I am looking thru smudged lenses.  they have contacts now that have an inner part that can help fill those gaps!

Hey, I love this on-line diary.  lol.

Happy Tuesday, everyone! 

atlmom2
by Susie on Dec. 17, 2013 at 8:51 AM
Scrapbooking. We are also doing a little mini cookie swap there too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
darmomusaf
by Gold Member on Dec. 17, 2013 at 10:25 AM

Watching it snow, working in my office this morning, baking cookies with the residents this afternoon and baking more cookies at home this evening with the family. Just enjoying some holiday traditions!

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
23 minutes ago
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Dec. 17, 2013 at 11:10 AM

Hope to clean those dang bathrooms, LOL

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
23 minutes ago
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Dec. 17, 2013 at 11:11 AM
1 mom liked this

Nice on that for wrapping ..
Want to come wrap mine?
LOL

Quoting louannwilkins:

LEK19
by Platinum Member on Dec. 17, 2013 at 2:50 PM

I don't mind wrapping presents at all! I wouldn't mind that job if there was such a thing! But then maybe I would get tired of it then! haha!

I need to make something for the Christmas thing at the library storytime tomorrow - cookies or banana bread - something. I better hurry up and decide.

Catching up on e-mails. Yesterday I spent most of the day shopping and that is tiring for me - especially with Don. Sometimes he is just no help.

I had my appointment with the surgeon that fixed my hernia. No cancer or anything like that to worry about. Big relief! He said it will take a full year to really recover. He said I am about 70% healed, in a month or two probably at 80%. I can resume most activities except heavy lifting. I have to be careful with that and listen to my body! He wants me to do planks to strengthen my core muscles.

It was above 0 this morning! First time in a long time. Unusual for this time of year to have below 0 temps for so long. Big flakes were coming down this morning.

You know another cup of coffee sounds good!

drinking  Enjoy the rest of the day!

louannwilkins
by Louann on Dec. 17, 2013 at 5:25 PM

Sounds like a good day!  Let us know if you make the cookies  :)

Quoting luvnature:

will bring the movies I borrowed last week back to the library, after that come home and finish filling out the greeting cards dd is giving to her paper route customers this Thursday and if I have time, I will try to bake some cookies. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN