Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

Kitchen Talk- 12/18/13- Do you have a special meal for Christmas breakfast?

Posted by on Dec. 18, 2013 at 6:25 AM
  • 16 Replies

Any special traditions for Christmas breakfast?

~~CINDY

by on Dec. 18, 2013 at 6:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
suzeebloch
by Ronna on Dec. 18, 2013 at 7:09 AM

From 1993 until 2008, I hosted Christmas brunch at our place - the kids were at an age where they really hated leaving their new Christmas toys behind so we could go over to my parent's on Christmas day - so I started having my parents, brother, and assorted others over the years, come to our place Christmas day for brunch.  That way the kids got to show off their new toys and get another round of presents to open. 

Long story short, we really never had Christmas "breakfast" ...

Why123
by Nancy on Dec. 18, 2013 at 9:12 AM

No.

kuntrylady56
by Gold Member on Dec. 18, 2013 at 11:17 AM

We usually just do something quick and easy,espcially with the grandkids here and wanting to open up presents.lol

mac1940
by Mary Ann on Dec. 18, 2013 at 11:33 AM

I usually stick a breakfast casserole either in the crockpot the night before or in the oven as soon as I get up which I had put together the night before.  And we always have sticky quickies to go with.  These I stir up first thing and since they only have to raise 30 minutes before baking, they are ready before the rest of the household is up.  

Bleacheddecay
by Gold Member on Dec. 18, 2013 at 12:19 PM

I put out a buffet of sweet, savory, salty, and sour things. It mostly gets ignored.

louannwilkins
by Louann on Dec. 18, 2013 at 12:20 PM

We did when my dad was alive.  We still have breakfast together but now it's usually a breakfast casserole.  

MichelleMc
by Silver Member on Dec. 18, 2013 at 12:57 PM

Usually just cinnamon rolls because we do Christmas Lunch. If we eat too much, we aren't hungry. 

DesignGirl450
by Lynda on Dec. 18, 2013 at 2:18 PM

When we lived at home with my parents, my dad would make hot rums with Eagle brand condensed milk while we opened our gifts.   As we had our turkey on Christmas eve, and had home made Italian ravioli for Christmas dinner, we would have turkey on toast sandwiches with olives.  Those were family traditions.  My daughter loves those type of sandwiches so I may buy some  cooked turkey breast at a deli on Christmas eve to have for breakfast. 

Esmrlda
by Esme on Dec. 18, 2013 at 5:39 PM

I do, I make a quiche. And I am getting a pancake maker for nephew so we will have pancakes too!

Esmrlda
by Esme on Dec. 18, 2013 at 5:40 PM

Your buffet gets ignored?

Quoting Bleacheddecay:

I put out a buffet of sweet, savory, salty, and sour things. It mostly gets ignored.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)