Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

What are you doing today...Monday?

Posted by on Dec. 23, 2013 at 7:01 AM
  • 29 Replies

come tell us....

by on Dec. 23, 2013 at 7:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
louannwilkins
by Louann on Dec. 23, 2013 at 7:03 AM

Good morning.....time to wake up.  I've got that funeral service to go to.  I've got to take Breana to deliver some cookies that she made....lol....and then I've got to go clean a house.  Ugh...wish I could go clean first but that won't work out today.  Anyway...hope you all have a good day.  :)

Cindy18
by Platinum Member on Dec. 23, 2013 at 7:07 AM

Good Morning!! 

I have to work 9:30- 4ish. I will take DD to work first. Then when I come home I will cook dinner and start laundry. I need to run to the store and get some more snacks for Christmas Eve.

~~CINDY

louannwilkins
by Louann on Dec. 23, 2013 at 7:10 AM

Good morning....I hope you have a great day!!!!    :)

Quoting Cindy18:

Good Morning!! 

I have to work 9:30- 4ish. I will take DD to work first. Then when I come home I will cook dinner and start laundry. I need to run to the store and get some more snacks for Christmas Eve.

LeJane
by Bronze Member on Dec. 23, 2013 at 8:13 AM

Good morning all !

I have the  day off...

I am traveling a little over an hour to get some shopping done, picking up food for our Christmas work meal.  

More than likely eating at Red Lobster and coming back home to take a nap. ( back to night shift tomorrow)   Probably start a nice pot of soup and bake some bread for supper - very cold today.

I woke up extra early today so I thought I would take advantage of it.   I am dressed and ready to go, waiting for my sweetie to wake up so I can see him before I leave. 

snowgirl

louannwilkins
by Louann on Dec. 23, 2013 at 8:29 AM

Sounds like a fun day!  Stay warm and enjoy  :)

Quoting LeJane:

Good morning all !

I have the  day off...

I am traveling a little over an hour to get some shopping done, picking up food for our Christmas work meal.  

More than likely eating at Red Lobster and coming back home to take a nap. ( back to night shift tomorrow)   Probably start a nice pot of soup and bake some bread for supper - very cold today.

I woke up extra early today so I thought I would take advantage of it.   I am dressed and ready to go, waiting for my sweetie to wake up so I can see him before I leave. 

snowgirl

suzeebloch
by Ronna on Dec. 23, 2013 at 9:25 AM

Quoting louannwilkins:

Good morning.....time to wake up.  I've got that funeral service to go to.  I've got to take Breana to deliver some cookies that she made....lol....and then I've got to go clean a house.  Ugh...wish I could go clean first but that won't work out today.  Anyway...hope you all have a good day.  :)

Good morning, Lou Ann.  I set my alarm for 6:45 this morning and got up about 7:30.  Hugs to you today, and warm thoughts as you attend Gary's funeral.  Again, so sorry. 

Johnny's flight arrived a little after 10:30 last night and we got home around 11:30.  Stopped to grab him a bite to eat and fill up with gas since I was in Missouri and the prices are a little less expensive.

Stayed up until around 1:30!  lol.  that's late for me!  But I'm not working the FL group this week and my docs know their work will get to them a little later than usual. 

and wow it is COLD here!   Right now at nearly 8:30, it's a balmy 8° out there!  brrrrr!  I'm typing in the living room and Johnny is still sleeping (or faking it well) on the couch behind me.  :o)

Happy Monday, everyone!

darmomusaf
by Gold Member on Dec. 23, 2013 at 9:36 AM

Working and then more cookie baking. My residents are loving the cookies and the staff is too. Gotta keep busy today as we recieved some bad news yesterday. My cousin's grandson, about 3-4 months old dies yesterday morning. Her son was working in Mass. and so they are awaiting his arrival home. Sometimes I wish I lived closer to my family, but that is not possible, so I just stay here and pray for their comfort and peace.

louannwilkins
by Louann on Dec. 23, 2013 at 11:11 AM

Yay!!  I'm so happy he's home and I KNOW you are too!!!!  I would have been up late too!  I'm sure it was a good time.

Glad you've got some time off or at least being able to have it a little lighter. 
It's not cold here.  I want it to feel like Christmas!!  It was in the upper 70's yesterday and today will be about 69 or 70 and then it will get cold.  I don't like it to be warm when it's supposed to be cold.  lol

Have a good day.  I'm ready to do this last thing for Gary and his family.  I know he is at peace.  Thank you for being so sweet  :)

Quoting suzeebloch:

Quoting louannwilkins:

Good morning, Lou Ann.  I set my alarm for 6:45 this morning and got up about 7:30.  Hugs to you today, and warm thoughts as you attend Gary's funeral.  Again, so sorry. 

Johnny's flight arrived a little after 10:30 last night and we got home around 11:30.  Stopped to grab him a bite to eat and fill up with gas since I was in Missouri and the prices are a little less expensive.

Stayed up until around 1:30!  lol.  that's late for me!  But I'm not working the FL group this week and my docs know their work will get to them a little later than usual. 

and wow it is COLD here!   Right now at nearly 8:30, it's a balmy 8° out there!  brrrrr!  I'm typing in the living room and Johnny is still sleeping (or faking it well) on the couch behind me.  :o)

Happy Monday, everyone!

louannwilkins
by Louann on Dec. 23, 2013 at 11:12 AM
1 mom liked this

Oh no....I'm SO sorry!!  Prayers going up for all.  It would be hard living away from family and it's not something I've ever had to do.  Hugs to you

Quoting darmomusaf:

Working and then more cookie baking. My residents are loving the cookies and the staff is too. Gotta keep busy today as we recieved some bad news yesterday. My cousin's grandson, about 3-4 months old dies yesterday morning. Her son was working in Mass. and so they are awaiting his arrival home. Sometimes I wish I lived closer to my family, but that is not possible, so I just stay here and pray for their comfort and peace.

mac1940
by Mary Ann on Dec. 23, 2013 at 11:52 AM

So it's back to the kitchen this morning.  I have two more cheesecakes to do and then I'm finished with them.  What decorating I am going to do (minimal this year) is done and the tree is up.  So, not too much happening today.  I know a lot of people are less than happy about the lack of snow here but the weatherman says  temps are going to be in the 40's today.  Me?  I'm doing a happy dance.  We don't often make it until this late in the year without snow.  Said a prayer this morning for you and for Gary's family.  Have a good day.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)