Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

What are you doing today....Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday?

Posted by on Dec. 24, 2013 at 8:53 PM
  • 66 Replies

come tell us....

by on Dec. 24, 2013 at 8:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
louannwilkins
by Louann on Dec. 24, 2013 at 8:54 PM

Yes I know it's a lot of days all together but since it's the holidays and I'm not sure what my schedule is and anyone else's for that matter I thought I'd do this.

Hope you all have a very Merry Christmas!!!    :)

louannwilkins
by Louann on Dec. 25, 2013 at 10:38 AM

Merry Christmas!  I hope you're all having a good day and enjoying time with your families.  I went to see Breana this morning to see what Santa brought her and I made a couple of breakfast casseroles for us.  It was nice.  So now I'm home and I'm not sure what I'll be doing.  Me and my mom are both feeling a little blah for some reason.  Not sure why....just holiday blues I suppose. 

I need to go shower and maybe that will get me in a better mood.  lol  :)

Cindy18
by Platinum Member on Dec. 25, 2013 at 10:55 AM

Merry Christmas, Louann. 

I was up at 7:00am, the kids woke up at 7:50am. We did all the presents and are now veggies and "playing" with all the stuff. We will be going to my sister's at 3:00pm!

Holy Crap!! I just remembered that I promised my niece I would make Mini Pineapple Upside Down Cakes!! 

suzeebloch
by Ronna on Dec. 25, 2013 at 11:28 AM

Merry Christmas!  I was up early to organize the stocking stuffers that Santa left here ... lol.  I just got my typing finished ... just a few more kinks to work out with my "new" computer!  I had to upgrade to Word 2003 because Word 2000 doesn't work in Windows 7 and so that's a bit of a small learning curve.  I'll get used to it and figure things out, I'm sure.   It's 10:30 and Johnny is still sleeping on the couch behind me.  lol.  He'll be getting up soon, I hope.  I still need to put icing on the simple simon danish and then figure out how to get 4 bags filled with stocking stuffers, the package for my mom, one for my dad, a pumpkin pie, yum-yum salad and simple simon danish into my car.  lol.  Oh, good thing I'm working this out by posting this entry - I'll ice the simple simon danish over at mom and dads.  Also can't forget the asparagus and rolls.  lol.

Merry, merry Christmas, everyone!!!!  :o)

mac1940
by Mary Ann on Dec. 25, 2013 at 1:22 PM

Werry Christmas.  Only dh and I here today, so we have been invited to a friends home for dinner.  Tomorrow my dd and her family will arrive and then on Friday, we will have our Christmas with the opening of gifts.  I did get up early this morning to fix a pan of sticky quickies for dh to take over warm to where we are going to dinner.  Otherwise I am just going to kick back and relax today.  May your season be blessed and I wish all of you traveling a safe journey.

louannwilkins
by Louann on Dec. 25, 2013 at 3:41 PM

Merry Christmas!  I hope you have had a wonderful day AND that you got those cakes done!!  lol   :)

Quoting Cindy18:

Merry Christmas, Louann. 

I was up at 7:00am, the kids woke up at 7:50am. We did all the presents and are now veggies and "playing" with all the stuff. We will be going to my sister's at 3:00pm!

Holy Crap!! I just remembered that I promised my niece I would make Mini Pineapple Upside Down Cakes!! 

louannwilkins
by Louann on Dec. 25, 2013 at 3:42 PM

Merry Christmas!!  I hope you get your new computer figured out soon.  Hopefully it will help a lot with work once you do.

Asparagus....yum!!  I hope you all have fun today!  :)

Quoting suzeebloch:

Merry Christmas!  I was up early to organize the stocking stuffers that Santa left here ... lol.  I just got my typing finished ... just a few more kinks to work out with my "new" computer!  I had to upgrade to Word 2003 because Word 2000 doesn't work in Windows 7 and so that's a bit of a small learning curve.  I'll get used to it and figure things out, I'm sure.   It's 10:30 and Johnny is still sleeping on the couch behind me.  lol.  He'll be getting up soon, I hope.  I still need to put icing on the simple simon danish and then figure out how to get 4 bags filled with stocking stuffers, the package for my mom, one for my dad, a pumpkin pie, yum-yum salad and simple simon danish into my car.  lol.  Oh, good thing I'm working this out by posting this entry - I'll ice the simple simon danish over at mom and dads.  Also can't forget the asparagus and rolls.  lol.

Merry, merry Christmas, everyone!!!!  :o)

louannwilkins
by Louann on Dec. 25, 2013 at 3:43 PM

Merry Christmas Mary Ann!!  I hope you enjoy your evening with friends and I know you're excited to see the kids!  :)

Quoting mac1940:

Werry Christmas.  Only dh and I here today, so we have been invited to a friends home for dinner.  Tomorrow my dd and her family will arrive and then on Friday, we will have our Christmas with the opening of gifts.  I did get up early this morning to fix a pan of sticky quickies for dh to take over warm to where we are going to dinner.  Otherwise I am just going to kick back and relax today.  May your season be blessed and I wish all of you traveling a safe journey.

DesignGirl450
by Lynda on Dec. 25, 2013 at 4:26 PM

Wow, well today we are going out for Christmas dinner to a hotel restaurant in downtown Vancouver.   Tomorrow we will probably visiit with a few friends.  Friday, the three of us are heading down to Seattle, will stop at a mall, not sure why, nobody needs anything.  That evening we have been invited for dinner at friends who live in West Seattle.  Sat morning we are going to a Peruvian exhibit at the Seattle Art Museum and will head home later that day.  Sunday, no plans but we will probably all be pretty tired by then. 

my4kids274
by Bronze Member on Dec. 25, 2013 at 4:31 PM

Merry Christmas Everyone...

Yesterday I cleaned up a bit and got ready for Christmas Eve and went to Christmas Eve mass with my son at the church that he just recently started to attend.  We then got home and ate and then proceeded to open up a bottle of wine and my 2 adult children, my husband and I drank some wine and talked until it was bedtime for our 2 youngest.

This morning we opened up gifts and have had a very nice quiet day. 

We leave on Friday to go to lower Delaware to spend a few days there with my side of the family.  I am looking forward to that. 

Other than that is has just been nice actually having my husband home here and not a work constantly.  ;)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN