Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

PREGNANT!!!

Posted by on Dec. 26, 2013 at 11:21 AM
  • 61 Replies
1 mom liked this
No it's not me but my 16 yr old niece! We were told in Christmas Eve. I know it's sad she is so young, but I am excited! I love babies! She has a good support team. Only thing I don't like is that the father is 25 and just fathered a little girl who is going to be 1 in March. Not to happy about that. But what done is done, and there really is not reason to freak out, there isn't anything that can or will be done now.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 26, 2013 at 11:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mac1940
by Mary Ann on Dec. 26, 2013 at 11:26 AM

And I wish her the best.  True things are not as you might wish them, but hats off to you for your wonderful attitude.  

Ambear72
by Amber on Dec. 26, 2013 at 11:27 AM
Thank you.

Quoting mac1940:

And I wish her the best.  True things are not as you might wish them, but hats off to you for your wonderful attitude.  

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lucydiamond
by on Dec. 26, 2013 at 11:29 AM
3 moms liked this
She's sixteen and he's twenty five? Smh. What a travesty. If that was my niece that predator would be buried in the back yard.
Ambear72
by Amber on Dec. 26, 2013 at 11:35 AM
Oh her Dad will deal with that. She didn't tell anyone his real age or really that she was dating him. I know who he was but didn't know he was 25. I am going to support my niece and be there for her and the Baby.

Quoting lucydiamond: She's sixteen and he's twenty five? Smh. What a travesty. If that was my niece that predator would be buried in the back yard.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Maddie24
by Gold Member on Dec. 26, 2013 at 1:56 PM
2 moms liked this

My DD was pregnant at 18 and I was not happy about it because I did not think she could raise a child.  I had to make her think very hard about adoption as an option - and she developed a drive to make this work.  Step by step we made it through as a team and she has done a fabulous job. My DGD is the light of all of our lives.   It can turn out great, but it does take a family to help these young mother's get on their feet and it can take many years.  I wish her blessings! 

jabs54
by Jeanine on Dec. 26, 2013 at 2:30 PM
1 mom liked this

Guess he's never heard the word "jailbait"!

MichelleMc
by Silver Member on Dec. 26, 2013 at 2:43 PM
1 mom liked this

Glad she has a good support system & yes the father is 25 but "going after him", isn't going to do a darn thing as long as he is going to be in the child's life and help. Going after him, will actually just do the opposite, cause him to have issues supporting this child or his other child. As you said, there isn't anything that can be done now. So I am glad her family is supporting her. 

DesignGirl450
by Lynda on Dec. 26, 2013 at 2:50 PM
1 mom liked this

I have heard these stories for years on this  site.   Of course both of this man's children will pay for this, and who knows how many other kids he will have.   Or her with other men, for that matter.  So little regard for human life.   I wish there was better education for these girls about birth control.  The men don't care - they just move on to the next one.   Sorry, but I see nothing happy about a 16 year old getting pregnant.   This will end up with more kids being raised by grandparents who can't move on with their own llives, or enter a comfortable retirement.   If that was my daughter, I would absolutely insist that she terminate the pregnancy.  

gmadiane
by on Dec. 26, 2013 at 3:05 PM

well it sounds like your gonna be there for her and the baby and that is a very good thing, I wish you all the best

LEK19
by Platinum Member on Dec. 26, 2013 at 4:12 PM

A new baby is still a happy thing!!! Congrats! She will need all the support she can get. It sounds like he won't be around and busy fathering other children or trying to. I hope all goes well! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)