Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

The Grinch will be played by Fed Ex....

Posted by on Dec. 27, 2013 at 7:04 AM
  • 17 Replies

Anyone have issues with the Fed Ex debacle?

My question is this..... why did so many people wait so late to order gifts?? 

Cindy

by on Dec. 27, 2013 at 7:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Cafe MichelleP
by Head Admin on Dec. 27, 2013 at 8:29 AM

Our debacle is UPS. My middle son ordered all of our gifts on December 4th and they still have not arrived. Yesterday he received an updated email from UPS stating that they would be delayed 1 business day. It has been over 3 weeks.

atlmom2
by Susie on Dec. 27, 2013 at 8:46 AM
I don't feel bad for those thar order by ground. A lady on the news ordered by ground on the 19th. Order 2nd day air or order around Thanksgiving time.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
suzeebloch
by Ronna on Dec. 27, 2013 at 9:10 AM

I am unaware of any FedEx or UPS debacle.  or anything else that might be going on around the planet right now for that matter.  lol.

LEK19
by Platinum Member on Dec. 27, 2013 at 9:46 AM

I didn't order a single gift this year that I had to wait for shipping on! We had some unusual financial circumstances that I had to hold off on any credit card purchases until it was pretty much too late. We possibly needed to use the balance for Don's business but then we didn't. I have a few things I will be ordering now to give to people later.  

Mariagma3
by Silver Member on Dec. 27, 2013 at 10:32 AM
1 mom liked this

NO! I heard something about it. My hubby works for Fed Ex Freight, so thankfully we are not affected!

Maddie24
by Gold Member on Dec. 27, 2013 at 12:29 PM

I did not have any problems, but I like to have everything ordered by the end of November just to be safe.

1frog
by on Dec. 27, 2013 at 2:44 PM
1 mom liked this

What you choose in how to have your items shipped makes a difference also people. I'm about to get trashed, but how in the hell is Fed Ex UPS or any other carrier to blame for things like weather, your not ordering soon enough, or selecting a shipping option that would guarantee arrival on time? Answer is they are not. Usually standard shipping has always been 4-6 weeks, so you don't pay for quicker shipping, and ordered the first week in Dec. it really isn't their fault. That's  AFTER the company you ordered from has received your request, processed it, sent it to the warehouse for shipping, get it out to whatever carrier. They are getting the shaft for a lot of things that may not be their fault. A lot of people waited and ordered online very late this year. How could they expect THAT? C'mon people, grow up! No, we weren't late with any of our gifts because we planned ahead. People are just stupid and looking for something to blame their poor planning on. The weather did far worse than make packages be late.

jabs54
by Jeanine on Dec. 27, 2013 at 2:56 PM

I figured these people must have ordered a week before Xmas but Cafe Michelle said they ordered on Dec. 4.   I don't think that is expecting too much to be delivered by the 24th.

LadySaphira
by Lisa on Dec. 27, 2013 at 3:15 PM

I had no problem with fed-ex or UPS..anything I ordered came before or on the date specified. Now Walmart and the post office, on the other hand......

I ordered some things from Walmart for my nephew's kids and had them sent to their home in NC. I then ordered things for my family to be delivered to my house and Walmart's site was screwed up and they shipped all that stuff to my nephew also. I had to wire nephew's wife $25 so she could box up the stuff that was supposed to come here and send it priority mail. It took almost 2 weeks to get here when it should have only taken 3 days.  The weird thing is that we purchased a few additional things for my nephew's kids and mailed them out from my home via USPS, priority mail 4 days after his wife sent out our package and they got theirs within two days.

MichelleMc
by Silver Member on Dec. 27, 2013 at 3:15 PM

Most people complaining, have no leg to stand on. Some might but again, there were extreme storms in the midwest. Ice storms & snow storms that shut down any type of shipping for weeks. A truck driver that stopped at my husbands company was saying how bad it was. The company it was ordered from should be updating on where it is.

I ordered from JCP end of November, because of these storms which hit beginning of December, things were delayed majorly. They sent us the information that it will be delayed. It never even updated on tracking because it was going no where. Trucks weren't even coming to the warehouse to come get it. More storms kept happening & it just kept the delays coming. Working where I work, I knew the storms were coming &  how bad they were. It really caused havoc. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)