Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Kitchen Talk 12/30- How many different grocery stores do you shop at on a typical day?

Posted by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 5:24 AM
  • 25 Replies

What grocery stores do you typically go to on a normal shopping day?

Cindy

by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 5:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
suzeebloch
by Ronna on Dec. 30, 2013 at 5:40 AM

I get most of my groceries at Aldi ... followed by Price Chopper.  I get my organic whole milk at either Hyvee or Whole Foods (Kaluna brand - they batch pasturize their milk so the whole milk has bits of cream floating at the top!)

Cindy18
by Platinum Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 6:00 AM

I can go to 3 different stores... Meijer, Aldi, Sam's Club. Sometimes Kroger or Trader Joes. 

darmomusaf
by Gold Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 6:02 AM

In my little town, there is only one grocery store, so that being said on the days that I try to do a bigger amount of shopping I head to a neighboring town and hit Walmart, Giant Eagle and Save-Alot.

mumsy2three
by Silver Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 6:56 AM

Just one.

MichelleMc
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 10:01 AM

Usually just one. When I need something else, I could go to another one. But I only go to one main one. Then the other is just close to home, so easier when needing to grab something. I don't like the idea of driving around a million places to save money when then I am using gas. Plus I hate shopping & it is a nightmare usually for me. So i want to get in, done & out. 

Once every two months or so we hit Sam's. 

suzeebloch
by Ronna on Dec. 30, 2013 at 10:46 AM

There are things that Aldi doesn't carry which I get at Price Chopper.  These 2 stores are practically across the street from each other.   I have been purchasing an organic milk - Kalona - and the Hyvee 1/2 mile down the street from me carries the milk but not the cream or half-n-half.  grrr.   I would have to drive several miles to Whole Foods to get the cream or half-n-half so I usually pass on getting those.  WalMart is catty-corner from the Aldi and Price Chopper so I go there to get my soaps, shampoos, hair color, cat litter,  etc.  Sometimes I'll get stuff from the Dollar Store which is about 2 blocks from me but they don't always have the brands I want and I'd rather keep my shopping excursions to a minimum! 

Since it's just me, I rarely go to Sam's Club as I really don't have the extra $$ to spend to buy the large quantities they have there.

Quoting MichelleMc:

Usually just one. When I need something else, I could go to another one. But I only go to one main one. Then the other is just close to home, so easier when needing to grab something. I don't like the idea of driving around a million places to save money when then I am using gas. Plus I hate shopping & it is a nightmare usually for me. So i want to get in, done & out. 

Once every two months or so we hit Sam's. 

EireLass
by Platinum Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 11:26 AM
I go to the farmers market every friday for my meat and some veggies. I go to the co-op for other organic products, and I go to the big grocery for other stuff.
KittyGram
by Becky on Dec. 30, 2013 at 11:49 AM

Mostly one.  I don't like shopping, so I try and get it all done in one.  I would love to shop at Aldi, but they have only a small portion of what I buy, so I do about 95% of my shopping at Meijer.

mac1940
by Mary Ann on Dec. 30, 2013 at 12:03 PM

I favor Fred Meyer or Rosaurs, but neither of them are  very convenient in terms of proximity to where I live.  So I go to Safeway or Albertsons when I need to run to the store.

Why123
by Nancy on Dec. 30, 2013 at 12:45 PM

I get a lot of stuff at Meijers.  There are some things that I prefer to get at Krogers.  On rare occasions I will go to Target or Walmart.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)