Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What is the worst gift you got this year?

Posted by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 2:18 PM
  • 78 Replies

Did you get a gift that makes you say Huh?  What was it?

I had two actually, this weird square glass dome thing with two silk butterflies in it like they are flying in an atrium from sd.  And a phone cover from MiL for a phone that I dont have. I have a I4 and the case is  smaller for a I5 I am told. Something like that.   confused 

On the flip side,

What was the best gift you received?  

I got a new bow from dh.  Remember I got him one last year? His dad's that I had redone. My arms are so sore from trying to pull it back!  The lbs is only something like 45lbs.  I feel like a wimp.  And some cute christmas bowls and towels from dd22. Oh and a map of Thailand and a cute mama and baby elephant photo!!  Those are my favorites

by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 2:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Why123
by Nancy on Dec. 30, 2013 at 2:22 PM

I only got 2 gifts so there wasn't really one I didn't like.  Of the 2, my favorite would be the Barnes and Noble gift card my oldest daughter sent me.

suzeebloch
by Ronna on Dec. 30, 2013 at 2:42 PM
1 mom liked this

I got cash from my parents, and a coffee mug from Johnny that says "My Mom, My Friend"   I love both gifts! 

alwaysbelieve
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 2:42 PM
1 mom liked this

I spent time with my family-what could possibly be bad?? :)

DesignGirl450
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 4:48 PM

I got a nice box of chocolates (bad gift for someone who is always watching what she eats) and I took it and regifted it when we went to dinner at friends' home.

For a best gift, a $100 gift card to my favourite fabric store, from Iain. 

rosebud727
by Rose on Dec. 30, 2013 at 5:00 PM
1 mom liked this

I liked all of my gifts this year. My oldest got me some cool little ceramic seed pods for my herb garden window.

My youngest bought me a knit hat and scarf that I liked a lot.

My husband got me a Bluetooth keyboard for the ipad an a food processor. I like to cook and I was saying I need a new processor. Otherwise it would of been a bad gift if he got me unwanted kitchen appliances!

mac1940
by Mary Ann on Dec. 30, 2013 at 5:21 PM

I don't think I got any bad gifts or at least not really bad ones.  My favorite was a corner curio cabinet hand picked by me, so he couldn't go wrong.  My least favorite, although a very nice gift was a hooded sweatshirt that was studded with diamon looking like things.  I'm told it was beautiful and I did like the colors, but just too ornate for my taste.

Esmrlda
by Esme on Dec. 30, 2013 at 6:46 PM

Nice... I bet you already went there....

Quoting Why123:

I only got 2 gifts so there wasn't really one I didn't like.  Of the 2, my favorite would be the Barnes and Noble gift card my oldest daughter sent me.

Esmrlda
by Esme on Dec. 30, 2013 at 6:46 PM

Awww that is such a sweet mug. Your dd didnt get you anything?

Quoting suzeebloch:

I got cash from my parents, and a coffee mug from Johnny that says "My Mom, My Friend"   I love both gifts! 

Esmrlda
by Esme on Dec. 30, 2013 at 6:47 PM

I guess that could be a loaded question.

Quoting alwaysbelieve:

I spent time with my family-what could possibly be bad?? :)

Esmrlda
by Esme on Dec. 30, 2013 at 6:48 PM

Yes I have to admit I did regift a few gifts like that one,  did you go to the fabric store already?

Quoting DesignGirl450:

I got a nice box of chocolates (bad gift for someone who is always watching what she eats) and I took it and regifted it when we went to dinner at friends' home.

For a best gift, a $100 gift card to my favourite fabric store, from Iain. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)