Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

grandma shower??????

Posted by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 7:46 AM
  • 46 Replies
sd is having a baby pretty soon.....so excited. I got my SIL a job with me so we talk everyday and he vents. Yesterday he told me how updet he my SD and her mom were that his mom was having a grandma shower. I honestly have never heard of one but thought it cute bc she is so excited about her first grand baby. I asked SIL why they were so mad and he answered......honestly your SD and mom feel she iz trying to take over. I askedif that's how he felt? He said not really I've just never heard of one............so have y'all heard of a grandma shower?
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 7:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MichelleMc
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 9:33 AM
1 mom liked this

Never heard of it. I don't get it? What does the Grandma get? LOL. Is it just a baby shower with another name that the grandma gives? I just don't understand the purpose. Why didn't she just have a baby shower for the mother?

kuntrylady56
by Platinum Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 9:45 AM
3 moms liked this

I don't get it either and have never heard of one. When my first grandchild was born I bought myself a Grandma's T-Shirt but thats about it.lol  IT was my daughters time to be the center of attention not mine.

suzeebloch
by Ronna on Jan. 8, 2014 at 9:46 AM
2 moms liked this

I've never heard of it, either, but you know, times - they are achangin ...

who is invited to the shower?  Mostly friends of the grandma?  I'm thinking if that's the case, it actually sounds kinda neat.  Have Gma's friends bring baby presents to the Gma baby shower, then Gma can give the presents to the parents?  don't know if this is what is going on in this case or not but what I just wrote would be neat if you think about it.

let us know!

atlmom2
by Susie on Jan. 8, 2014 at 9:50 AM
1 mom liked this
Never heard of it. Sounds stupid as hell.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mariagma3
by Gold Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 10:09 AM

Quoting kuntrylady56:

I don't get it either and have never heard of one. When my first grandchild was born I bought myself a Grandma's T-Shirt but thats about it.lol  IT was my daughters time to be the center of attention not mine.

Same here! I bought myself a couple of grandma shirts, and a cute grandma sweatshirt!! The shower is for them! (the Moms)

Mariagma3
by Gold Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 10:10 AM
3 moms liked this

I have never heard of it. What I have done is trade baby clothes and toys with my other Grandma friends, so that I have a good supply of things when the baby is over.

LeJane
by Bronze Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 10:27 AM
1 mom liked this

No,  I have not.  

Keep us posted.   

bsingley
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 10:33 AM
1 mom liked this
Her friends are throwing it for her. SD'S baby shower we already had it was huge. Talking to SIL mom she said it was friends way of making a big deal out of her finally getting a grand baby. They will be getting her like a swing bassinet extra blankies to keep at her house. SD and her mom are furious about it. I don't exactly get why they are so upset but I think its a cute idea for a lady who is beyond excited about her first grand baby .
suzeebloch
by Ronna on Jan. 8, 2014 at 11:06 AM
2 moms liked this

Quoting bsingley: Her friends are throwing it for her. SD'S baby shower we already had it was huge. Talking to SIL mom she said it was friends way of making a big deal out of her finally getting a grand baby. They will be getting her like a swing bassinet extra blankies to keep at her house. SD and her mom are furious about it. I don't exactly get why they are so upset but I think its a cute idea for a lady who is beyond excited about her first grand baby .

I think this is such a cool idea!  What awesome friends she has to be throwing her a shower for her first grandbaby!  I don't understand either why SD and her mom are so bent out of shape about it.  

Why123
by Nancy on Jan. 8, 2014 at 11:12 AM
1 mom liked this

I have never heard of one but it is a nice idea.  There is no reason she can't have more than one shower.  Both sides can hold their own baby shower.  If she gets duplicates she can just leave them at grandmas house for when they visit.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)