Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What do you do?

Posted by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 3:36 PM
  • 48 Replies

What do you do to pass the time on these really cold winter days?

by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 3:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momma-t42
by Gold Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 3:41 PM
1 mom liked this

I've been sick for the past week, so I haven't done much of anything.  I would however, like to be working on painting some inside doors and trim though.

Why123
by Nancy on Jan. 8, 2014 at 3:48 PM

I am sorry that you have been sick and hope that you are soon returned to excellent health.

Quoting momma-t42:

I've been sick for the past week, so I haven't done much of anything.  I would however, like to be working on painting some inside doors and trim though.

SpiritFortress
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 3:52 PM
1 mom liked this

I read, write, drink hot coffee or tea, watch the fire crackling away in the fireplace, and if I ever get off my lazy butt this week I'll exercise and do some cleaning. 

Why123
by Nancy on Jan. 8, 2014 at 3:53 PM
1 mom liked this

I love to read too.  I envy your fireplace.  It was so awesome when I had one.

Quoting SpiritFortress:

I read, write, drink hot coffee or tea, watch the fire crackling away in the fireplace, and if I ever get off my lazy butt this week I'll exercise and do some cleaning. 

louannwilkins
by Louann on Jan. 8, 2014 at 3:59 PM
1 mom liked this

Read, get on the computer, watch a movie, read a book, work on crosswords or jigsaw puzzles etc...

Esmrlda
by Esme on Jan. 8, 2014 at 4:03 PM
1 mom liked this

Read, nap and watch TV or movies.  Are you off work right now due to the weather?

Why123
by Nancy on Jan. 8, 2014 at 4:05 PM
1 mom liked this

I also love crossword and jigsaw puzzles.

Quoting louannwilkins:

Read, get on the computer, watch a movie, read a book, work on crosswords or jigsaw puzzles etc...

Why123
by Nancy on Jan. 8, 2014 at 4:07 PM
1 mom liked this

The college was close on Monday and Tuesday.  Right now it is 27 but feels like 17.  One heck of a lot better than the - 30 to -40 it felt like the last two days.

Quoting Esmrlda:

Read, nap and watch TV or movies.  Are you off work right now due to the weather?

DesignGirl450
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 4:15 PM
1 mom liked this

It is not so much cold here right now, as very rainy.  Today I am doing laundry, and other housework, being on the computer, reading, hemming some pants, and watching some recorded shows on TV while doing some of the above.  Really wish I could get out and walk which is what I miss most in bad weather.  I have no right to complain about rain, though, when eastern US and Canada are having such dreadful conditions. 

Why123
by Nancy on Jan. 8, 2014 at 4:24 PM
1 mom liked this

It is supposed to be in the 40s this weekend and rain.  I would prefer the rain to the really cold temperatures too.

Quoting DesignGirl450:

It is not so much cold here right now, as very rainy.  Today I am doing laundry, and other housework, being on the computer, reading, hemming some pants, and watching some recorded shows on TV while doing some of the above.  Really wish I could get out and walk which is what I miss most in bad weather.  I have no right to complain about rain, though, when eastern US and Canada are having such dreadful conditions. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)