Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What are you doing today....Thursday?

Posted by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 6:27 AM
  • 24 Replies

come tell us....

by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 6:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
louannwilkins
by Louann on Jan. 16, 2014 at 6:31 AM

Good morning....hope you're all up and feeling good.  Me...I'm doing ok.  Glad I don't have to go have another pap today!!  LOL  I also got a flu shot yesterday since I hadn't had one.  They gave it to me free.  She said she thought I'd had the flu when I was sick this last time but that the flu shot has several strands in it so it would be good for me to have.  That is the ONLY shot I've ever had where I couldn't feel the needle go in.  Honestly.  My arm is sore now but that's to be expected.

So...we have some snow / rain/ ice mix kind of stuff falling.  sigh...NOT what I need to hear today!!!!  LOL  I need to go to work!!!!  Right now the temps are a few degrees above freezing.  Not a lot but still above.  However with the white stuff falling they say they'll drop.  So now I need to decide if I should just go ahead and drive and hope not or what.  What a PIA this morning!!!  lol

Glad today is my Friday.  Hope you all have a good day!   :)

suzeebloch
by Ronna on Jan. 16, 2014 at 6:36 AM

Our white stuff disappeared over the last week ... and the forecast high for Sunday is the 60s!!  woo hoo.  If you decide to drive, Lou Ann, just be careful, and leave plenty of distance between you and the car in front of you.

Well, yay Thursday.  got off to a good start this morning and I have 30 minutes to "spare."  lol. 

Today is my fast day so I hope I have good doctors in my queue that keep me pleasantly busy. 

Dad has an appt at the Wound Clinic and we are hoping he gets discharged from there today. The last couple of times I've changed his dressing, there really is nothing left to dress!  His ankle is still a bit swollen yet he is able to get a leather slipper on now with the use of a shoe horn.

Happy Friday Eve, all!

louannwilkins
by Louann on Jan. 16, 2014 at 6:48 AM

Oh Ronna I'm so happy to hear that about your dad!!!!  I know his foot / ankle will be weak probably from having so many restrictions for so long.  I know he has to be really happy!!  lol

Yea, the snow is coming down pretty good right now.  That's all I see falling.  I know that the ones who live where snow is something that happens on a regular basis think I'm ridiculous BUT if it's not something you deal with normally it's a little scary.  lol

Anyway...good luck on the eating today.  You can do it Ronna!!!!  :)

Quoting suzeebloch:

Our white stuff disappeared over the last week ... and the forecast high for Sunday is the 60s!!  woo hoo.  If you decide to drive, Lou Ann, just be careful, and leave plenty of distance between you and the car in front of you.

Well, yay Thursday.  got off to a good start this morning and I have 30 minutes to "spare."  lol. 

Today is my fast day so I hope I have good doctors in my queue that keep me pleasantly busy. 

Dad has an appt at the Wound Clinic and we are hoping he gets discharged from there today. The last couple of times I've changed his dressing, there really is nothing left to dress!  His ankle is still a bit swollen yet he is able to get a leather slipper on now with the use of a shoe horn.

Happy Friday Eve, all!

suzeebloch
by Ronna on Jan. 16, 2014 at 6:54 AM
1 mom liked this

Even though we almost always get snow in the winter, I still don't like driving in it.  We've had a relatively mild winter snow-wise here this season ... last year was this way, too, and then we got slammed with back-to-back blizzards in less than a week's time at the end of February ... both storms dumped at least 8" on us.  When I was learning to drive, my dad took me to an empty snow-covered parking lot one weekend and had me doing figure 8s, reverse figure 8s, and also accelerating fast then slamming on my brakes so I could experience a skid and then how to get out of it.  I drive cautiously in inclement conditions - driving home last February in that first of 2 storms, I followed a snow plow for a while ... lol.  It still took me a couple of hours to get home from the law office that day where normally I'd get home in 15 to 20 minutes.   With the 2nd storm, the law office told us not to come in that day.

Quoting louannwilkins:

Oh Ronna I'm so happy to hear that about your dad!!!!  I know his foot / ankle will be weak probably from having so many restrictions for so long.  I know he has to be really happy!!  lol

Yea, the snow is coming down pretty good right now.  That's all I see falling.  I know that the ones who live where snow is something that happens on a regular basis think I'm ridiculous BUT if it's not something you deal with normally it's a little scary.  lol

Anyway...good luck on the eating today.  You can do it Ronna!!!!  :)

Quoting suzeebloch:

Happy Friday Eve, all!

darmomusaf
by Gold Member on Jan. 16, 2014 at 7:06 AM
1 mom liked this

Good morning! Up early here with the dogs, who are now comfy under their blankets! Off to work here soon, just trying to get some projects finished before the weekend! Thinking I may have over-done just a bit yesterday, so a quiet evening at home for us! Have a great day all!

louannwilkins
by Louann on Jan. 16, 2014 at 7:09 AM

Girl, I told you to take it easy!!!!  LOL  I'm SO guilty of doing that too.  lol  I hope today is a good one for you.  Come home and rest   :)

Quoting darmomusaf:

Good morning! Up early here with the dogs, who are now comfy under their blankets! Off to work here soon, just trying to get some projects finished before the weekend! Thinking I may have over-done just a bit yesterday, so a quiet evening at home for us! Have a great day all!

atlmom2
by Susie on Jan. 16, 2014 at 8:34 AM
Painting sets.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hugss
by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 9:02 AM

No motivation here ::sigh::
Bound & determined to do something productive I hope :)

Why123
by Nancy on Jan. 16, 2014 at 9:11 AM

Working.  I have a 4 hour meeting to go to today.  Luckily they will be serving us lunch.

LeJane
by Bronze Member on Jan. 16, 2014 at 9:32 AM

My man is home today.   We are in the middle of a Blizzard.    The wind is gusting up to 55 mph.     The snow is pretty much going by the windows sideways.  

I have one bedroom to clean upstairs,   sort some things in the basement ( which is all storage), change nail polish, brush the dogs  then make homemade soup and fresh bread.   

It is going to be a relaxing day.   I am on the 2nd book in a great Nora Roberts Trilogy.  Loving it !!!

Enjoy the day all ....

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)