Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

QOTD- 01/22/14- What is your favorite romantic getaway?

Posted by on Jan. 22, 2014 at 6:52 AM
  • 21 Replies

With Valentine's Day coming up, I was looking into hotels and V-Day packages......

So what would be your favorite romantic getaway?

Cindy

by on Jan. 22, 2014 at 6:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
suzeebloch
by Ronna on Jan. 22, 2014 at 7:01 AM

I spent 5 days on Maui back in 1999.  That was the most relaxing 5 days in my entire life but not necessarily 'romantic.'  

To be a "romantic getaway" I'd have to have the right man with me.  I don't think it would matter, then, "where" we were ... lol. 

LEK19
by Platinum Member on Jan. 22, 2014 at 7:02 AM

We don't really have one!

Anyplace where we can enjoy each other's company doing things we enjoy! 

MichelleMc
by on Jan. 22, 2014 at 7:17 AM

We don't have one. Not really into "romantic get aways". We have fun just going & doing things together. Mainly I think it would be going camping over a weekend & just enjoy time off together. Having places to go, kayaking, geocaching, just having fun together. 

LEK19
by Platinum Member on Jan. 22, 2014 at 8:17 AM

Quoting suzeebloch:

I spent 5 days on Maui back in 1999.  That was the most relaxing 5 days in my entire life but not necessarily 'romantic.'  

To be a "romantic getaway" I'd have to have the right man with me.  I don't think it would matter, then, "where" we were ... lol. 

So very important!!! 

suzeebloch
by Ronna on Jan. 22, 2014 at 8:22 AM

LOL.  Absolutely!  With the "right man", I'd definitely go back to Maui!  See how relaxed I looked?

Quoting LEK19:

Quoting suzeebloch:

So very important!!! 

Cafe MichelleP
by Head Admin on Jan. 22, 2014 at 8:41 AM

We go to the condo on the coast for our romantic getaways.

louannwilkins
by Louann on Jan. 22, 2014 at 8:59 AM

When I was married we would get away to the mountains.  It was always fun just to be together and hang out.  Until he messed up and started doing drugs he was my best friend.  He would call me and tell me to be ready in 30 min because he was coming by to get me and we'd go to lunch or he'd come home with "prizes" for me.  Just a sweet sweet man.  But now....lol...it's just ME and that's ok too I guess.  lol

Bleacheddecay
by Gold Member on Jan. 22, 2014 at 9:34 AM

New Orleans or any hotel as long as I am with HIM!

Why123
by Nancy on Jan. 22, 2014 at 10:07 AM

I have been single for 27 years so no romantic weekends for me.

mac1940
by Mary Ann on Jan. 22, 2014 at 12:45 PM

No matter where we go, as long as we go together, we turn it into a romantic get away.  Sometimes it is just get in the motorhome and take a camping trip at a lake or in the mountains.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN