Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

Kitchen Talk- 1/22/14- How far ahead do you plan your meals?

Posted by on Jan. 22, 2014 at 6:53 AM
  • 23 Replies

Cindy

by on Jan. 22, 2014 at 6:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LEK19
by Platinum Member on Jan. 22, 2014 at 6:57 AM

Sometimes I plan as far ahead as a week. Usually a few days. I am always flexible to changing the plan. I am not locked into it.

suzeebloch
by Ronna on Jan. 22, 2014 at 6:58 AM

I don't plan my meals very far in advance any more.  The last 2 years Johnny lived with me, before he moved away, we had meals planned a month in advance.

MichelleMc
by on Jan. 22, 2014 at 7:16 AM

A day! Haa haa. Usually just a few days. And not like Monday is this & Tuesday is this. Just this is what we have. 

louannwilkins
by Louann on Jan. 22, 2014 at 9:02 AM

I don't plan them normally.  It's just me unless Breana is here and when I know she's coming I try to plan things she likes etc...

Bleacheddecay
by Gold Member on Jan. 22, 2014 at 9:34 AM

I don't really plan. I just make several things at a time. Freeze 3/4 of it and bam! I has meals.

Why123
by Nancy on Jan. 22, 2014 at 10:09 AM
1 mom liked this

I plan my meals when I get hungry.  I stand in the kitchen and think, what would I like to have?

DesignGirl450
by Lynda on Jan. 22, 2014 at 11:32 AM

It depends on the day.   If I am going to be out all day and home shortly before dinner time, then I have something on hand to make quickly.   I also need to know what we are having if I need to go out after dinner. 

mac1940
by Mary Ann on Jan. 22, 2014 at 12:02 PM

Sometimes I kind of plan a few days in advance, but more often I plan the day of.  Sometimes planning is simply asking dh what he thinks would be good for dinner and if he says something besides "I don't care" which we are always out of, I go with what he wants.  Other times I come across a recipe I think sounds good and decide to give it a try.  We are pretty flexible, and also a couple times a week dh does the planning and the cooking.

KittyGram
by Becky on Jan. 22, 2014 at 1:50 PM

I'm really watching my diet now, so I plan plan plan.  I will sit down between now and Friday late afternoon to plan for meals from Saturday thru next Friday, and I will shop Friday night.  Then I'll cook on Saturday or Sunday for the week.

This is the only way I can be successful with my weight loss journal.

Esmrlda
by Esme on Jan. 22, 2014 at 2:40 PM

Two weeks out.  I detest grocery shopping every week.  I might even try and do 3 weeks.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN