Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

If You Won Ten Million Dollars,

Posted by on Jan. 24, 2014 at 5:17 PM
  • 32 Replies

What would you do with it?

by on Jan. 24, 2014 at 5:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
DixieL
by Dixie on Jan. 24, 2014 at 5:18 PM
3 moms liked this

I would help my son, and I would also want to help the homeless, and the starving people. I would find a way to help them get off the street, and keep them warm and fed, until they could get back on their feet.

mac1940
by Mary Ann on Jan. 24, 2014 at 5:29 PM
1 mom liked this

There are so many things and places I would like to help that I would probably be broke in short order.  I would make a sizable donation to St. Judes, I would make a sizeable donation to the local animal shelter, and the mission in town that provides shlter and meals for the homeless.   And I would give each of my children a gift.  DH and I would make that trip across Europe that I promised our foreign exchange students when I told them I would dance at their weddings.  And then if there were some left, I would place it in trust for my granddaughters.

DixieL
by Dixie on Jan. 24, 2014 at 5:37 PM

Quoting mac1940:

There are so many things and places I would like to help that I would probably be broke in short order.  I would make a sizable donation to St. Judes, I would make a sizeable donation to the local animal shelter, and the mission in town that provides shlter and meals for the homeless.   And I would give each of my children a gift.  DH and I would make that trip across Europe that I promised our foreign exchange students when I told them I would dance at their weddings.  And then if there were some left, I would place it in trust for my granddaughters.

You have great ideas. I would also love to do all of that. If I could, I would adopt, all of the animals, and find good homes for them. As much money as that sounds like, mine would probably be gone too. I would rather help other people, then spend money on myself, if I could. I would love to have grandkids to spend money on too.

atlmom2
by Susie on Jan. 24, 2014 at 5:54 PM
1 mom liked this
Not enough for Dh to retire on because after tax that is about 6 million.
Pay off our house. Furnish our new house in FL. Do all the refurbishing of our house. Give to charity and to family. Go on our dream vacations the next few years.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
EireLass
by Gold Member on Jan. 24, 2014 at 7:40 PM
1 mom liked this

Pay off all our bills, but in comparison, that would be just a drop in the bucket. I'm quite sure hubby would have a whole list of toys to buy (tractors, ATV's, etc). Beyond that I'm not sure. It would be interesting to see "all my friends and relatives come out of the woodwork". haha

rosebud727
by Rose on Jan. 24, 2014 at 8:12 PM
1 mom liked this

Put a chuck away for each daughter, help my favorite animal rescue groups, travel.

mumsy2three
by Silver Member on Jan. 24, 2014 at 9:02 PM
2 moms liked this

The usual answers~ pay off house/debt, help family, invest, donate, travel.

Maddie24
by Gold Member on Jan. 24, 2014 at 10:49 PM
1 mom liked this

I would retire.  Help my DD buy their first homes.  Contribute to help the blind and deaf.  Open a trust for my DDs and possibly start a new business for my DD and myself. 

KittyGram
by Becky on Jan. 24, 2014 at 10:58 PM
1 mom liked this

1)  Buy myself a bigger home.  A modest one, but something bigger than my 2 BR 1.5 bath condo!!!!

2)  Buy myself a really good car.

3)  Buy my daughter and her family a home.

4)  Buy my daughter and her husband really good vehicles.

5)  Donate to animal rescue organizations.

6)  Go extremely part time at work (I wouldn't quit entirely, but I'd be damned if I would continue spending 50 to 55 hours a week there!!!)

DixieL
by Dixie on Jan. 25, 2014 at 12:00 AM

Quoting KittyGram:

1)  Buy myself a bigger home.  A modest one, but something bigger than my 2 BR 1.5 bath condo!!!!

2)  Buy myself a really good car.

3)  Buy my daughter and her family a home.

4)  Buy my daughter and her husband really good vehicles.

5)  Donate to animal rescue organizations.

6)  Go extremely part time at work (I wouldn't quit entirely, but I'd be damned if I would continue spending 50 to 55 hours a week there!!!)

I would help my son, as much as he would let me too. He says he would keep working, but not at the job, he is at. He would keep working though. I forgot to put on mine, that we would get a good car too.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)