Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

Got me to thinking

Posted by on Jan. 26, 2014 at 10:58 PM
  • 21 Replies

TThe post about the year we graduated got me thinking. Do you still have your class ring? And do you ever wear it? Did you ever wear your boyfriends ring? Did you keep it if/when you borke up? What color stone did you have and what was your school emblem/mascot? School colors? Do you remeber how your ring cost? I still have mine and wear occassionally. I even have th elittle bag it came in form HerffJones(?) not sure of the spelling.  Mine had my birthstone(blue zircon) with a starburst design in it. And cost 35.00 back then. Our school colors were maroon and gold and I really didn't want either of those colored stones. And our school emblem/mascot was an Eagle.

I never war a boys ring when I was in highschool but when me and my first husband first met he gave me his NAvy ring to wear from when he was in the Navy. I wore that until he bought me my engagemnet ring. 

by on Jan. 26, 2014 at 10:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:27 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Jan. 27, 2014 at 12:09 AM

I don't think I ever bought my class ring :(
Not sure why but ..
I did wear something from/of my bf in hs .. um can't remember what though
::blush::

emmygirl31
by Angie on Jan. 27, 2014 at 1:21 AM

I still have my class ring.  I used to wear it through college but then took it off.  The ring cost 50.00 in 1970.  It had a blue stone. Our school colors were blue and white.  I found that strange becasue our mascot was the zebra,.  I "went steady" with a guy from another school and he had a square ring with a green stone, which I wore on a chain around my neck..  When we broke up I gave it back

ravenseeyore
by Member on Jan. 27, 2014 at 2:10 AM

I still have my class ring. It is white gold with a blue starburst cut stone, our school colors were blue and white. We were the Patriots, and one of the guys I graduated with drew a pic of 3 patriots marching 1 playing the drums and and 1 playing a flute, the third carrying the Patriots banner.  That pic was one side of our rings, the other side is Mt Rushmore.   I think I paid $50 for mine in 1976.

suzeebloch
by Ronna on Jan. 27, 2014 at 4:32 AM

I don't know what happened to my class ring, to be honest.  I remember it was expensive and my parents still purchased it for me.  For some reason, $65 sticks in my mind.  Our class colors were red and black - the ring had a garnet stone which happens to be my birthstone and I had my signature engraved inside the band. 

I was never given a class ring by a boy as i wasn't allowed to have a BF in high school.  And I was a good girl back then.  lol.

suesues
by Bronze Member on Jan. 27, 2014 at 7:50 AM

yes somewhere in my old stuff also have year book 

MichelleMc
by Silver Member on Jan. 27, 2014 at 9:43 AM

We couldn't afford me to get one, so sadly no. I don't have one. My boyfriend didn't have one either. My current husband doesn't either. His family wouldn't "waste" the money. 

I made sure our son had one. He got it his sophomore year. He wore it all the time & still wears it. 

LEK19
by Platinum Member on Jan. 27, 2014 at 10:03 AM

I didn't want a class ring. My Mom wanted to get me one like she did for my other siblings. I told her to just get me a ring that I like instead. I would never wear a class ring. Just not my thing. 

Never accepted one from a boy either. I dated older guys who were not into that whole "going steady" thing. I wasn't either.

Why123
by Nancy on Jan. 27, 2014 at 10:17 AM

I no longer have my high school ring.  I do however still have my college ring from when I graduated in 1989.

DesignGirl450
by Lynda on Jan. 27, 2014 at 10:40 AM

We don't do class rings in Canada, but a lovely idea.  Congrats on keeping yours in such pristine condition. 

Sheri0427
by Member on Jan. 27, 2014 at 10:42 AM

I still have my class ring. I offered it to my daughter when she got her high school ring, but she said she just wanted her own.  My son did not want a high school ring, so we did not buy him one. 

Yes, I wore my boyfriends ring in high school.  Back then we did the yarn around the ring until it fit you thing.  Sounds like putting it on a chain around your neck is a better way!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)