Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

QOTD- 01/27/14- When was the last time you were sick?

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2014 at 6:07 AM
  • 24 Replies

Did you have to call off of work because of this lastest illness?

Cindy

by on Jan. 27, 2014 at 6:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
suzeebloch
by Ronna on Jan. 27, 2014 at 6:23 AM

well, I work at home, so unless I'm throwing up, I still am able to work.  lol.

louannwilkins
by Louann on Jan. 27, 2014 at 8:16 AM

On Christmas day night and it lasted a good 2 weeks.  I did miss 2 days of work I think.  Truthfully I should have taken off more because I was really sick

Bleacheddecay
by Gold Member on Jan. 27, 2014 at 9:18 AM

I always have some sinus / upper respiratory issue. I never call in to work.

MichelleMc
by on Jan. 27, 2014 at 9:40 AM

I had a very bad cold. I didn't call off, but I did trade off some hours to save my voice some & rest. 

Why123
by Nancy on Jan. 27, 2014 at 9:45 AM

I can't remember when I was that sick.  I will take a day off occasionally because I don't really feel well.  The last time I was sick enough to take more time off than that was a couple of years ago.  I ended up taking a week off.

LEK19
by Platinum Member on Jan. 27, 2014 at 9:58 AM

Well, I am a stay-at-home Mom, so I don't get to call in sick. haha!

It has been awhile, unless you want to count when I had the hernia surgery. I was out of commission then. 

DesignGirl450
by Lynda on Jan. 27, 2014 at 10:42 AM

IT was just over a year ago.   We had been to Mexico for Christmas 2012, and I started with a cold the day we were leaving.  I got so sick that I spent most of several days in bed, and had to cancel our plans with friends for New Years Eve.  I rarely get sick, but this one knocked me out.  I actually didn't feel better for about 3 weeks. 

bambismom
by Bronze Member on Jan. 27, 2014 at 3:52 PM

I never had a sick day in the two years I had this job, but right before Christmas and my son's wedding I began getting very dizzy.  It was Vestibular Neuritis, an inflammation of the inner ear.  I was truly nervous I would not make it through the ceremony. The day was not as enjoyable as it should have been.  It got steadily worse after the wedding, which was Dec. 28th.  I didn't feel well the rest of vacation and I still ended up missing three days of work, two of which I couldn't get out of bed. I don't wish this on anyone.  I went to the ER Christmas night because I was so scared something really bad was happening to me right before the wedding.  They did tests and didn't find anything.  I wish I would have gone to the ENT right away. 

Khanfan
by Member on Jan. 27, 2014 at 3:59 PM

My family was able to stay healthy. So far so good.

It has been years since I was sick, except for the MS.  That is a daily thing right now, but I'm getting a little better since the temps dropped.

redneck_kids
by Bronze Member on Jan. 27, 2014 at 4:04 PM
Over a year in a half ago. I had strep. I was so sick! I hardly get anything but when i do it is bad.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN