Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

What are you doing today.....Tuesday?

Posted by on Jan. 28, 2014 at 6:28 AM
  • 48 Replies

come tell us.....

by on Jan. 28, 2014 at 6:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
louannwilkins
by Louann on Jan. 28, 2014 at 6:30 AM

Good morning.....heading out to work soon and dreading this storm they say will hit us.  Such fun....I'll be pet sitting until Thursday and then I could go home but now I don't know if I'll be able to get home since I don't drive in it.  Ugh....I'll be begging somebody to come get me so I can get here.  I mean I love the people I'm pet sitting for but I don't want to have to stay with them!!!!   LOL

Hope you all have a good day  :)

jjames1990
by Member on Jan. 28, 2014 at 6:35 AM
So when you pet sit, you actually stay in their home, not go back and forth to check on the pets? Just curious. The vets office I use to work at offered the service, but it was a visit of 4 times a day.

Today I am staying in PJ's working on the computer, doing some photo editing. It is -5 right now, I do not want to go anywhere. Lol
suzeebloch
by Ronna on Jan. 28, 2014 at 7:01 AM

Good Morning fellow MWAKers!

got up on time this morning, got my work finished and have a whopping 6 minutes to spare!  LOL.

It's cold here - but not too bad at 2°.  Other than bursts of really cold temps, this winter hasn't been too bad for us here in the KC area. 

I baked a ham yesterday and my little apartment smells good!  lol.  Not as good as it would had I baked an apple or pumpkin pie though.  The ham was on sale at Aldi and I plan to cut it up and freeze it now.  anyone have a recipe for easy ham salad?  The dude in PA that I dated made a really awesome ham salad but he used a meat grinder and I don't have one of those and I'm NOT gonna ask him for his recipe.  although that would be funny, huh?  I haven't had any kind of conversation with him since spring 2008 (when he broke up with me) and his last email to me was Christmas 2011.  Said he was still in love with me, I was the best thing that had ever happened to him and he blew it.  Would marry me in a heartbeat.  yada yada yada.  right.  he's the reason I am happily single and planning to stay that way!  lol.  

Hey, Happy Tuesday, everyone!

Cindy18
by Platinum Member on Jan. 28, 2014 at 8:19 AM

Good Morning Ladies!!!

I'm off today, Thank God. It's -9 here with a windchill of -25 or something stupid like that!

I have to fold laundry and unfortunately I have to go grocery shopping. I'm not looking forward to going out in this crap.

atlmom2
by Gold Member on Jan. 28, 2014 at 9:00 AM
Going to scrapbooking.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gonecrazi
by Bronze Member on Jan. 28, 2014 at 9:36 AM

I am getting ready for dh to come home tomorrow. Cleaning and more cleaning.

darmomusaf
by Gold Member on Jan. 28, 2014 at 9:42 AM

Minus temps here for us today, schools are either closed or on two hour delays, not that it matters to me because I still have to be at work no matter what! Several meetings today at work and doing chart checks to start preparing for an upcoming state survey. Since it is so cold, thinking that tonight may be spent at home, too cold to do much anyway!

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:46 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Jan. 28, 2014 at 9:48 AM
1 mom liked this

Staying in & doing some house stuff ;)

Why123
by Nancy on Jan. 28, 2014 at 10:53 AM

Trying to stay warm.  All of the schools closed here due to the cold weather.  It is -1 now with a feels like of -11.

bambismom
by Bronze Member on Jan. 28, 2014 at 10:53 AM

Hi!  Well, I think I might be able to top the rest of you for how cold it is where I live.  Present temp is -14 with -30 windchill.  We are SOOOO  sick of this weather.  It's been below zero for more than 1/2 the days in Jan., and even in Dec. there were many days below zero.  My son works on a dairy farm and he's just fed up with it.  You really cannot wear too many layers because otherwise you cannot get around and you're exhausted from carrying around the extra weight. (My son is not a complainer either)  You can't wear too many pairs of gloves either because then you can't use your hands!!  I get to go out in it now and feed my goats, but it doesn't take that long.  I work at the local school and this is the 4th time this month that school has been cancelled because of the cold. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)