Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

QOTD- 02/01/14- What was the last conversation you had with a family memeber?

Posted by on Feb. 1, 2014 at 7:06 AM
  • 27 Replies

Who did you have the conversation with and what was it about?

Cindy

by on Feb. 1, 2014 at 7:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
luvnature
by Bronze Member on Feb. 1, 2014 at 7:10 AM

I always have conversations with my kids and dh. It's a daily thing. If you are talking about a relative, then it would have to be my mom and that was on Dec, 31 for my bday. 

At home we talk about different things and when I talked to my mom, she just gave me her wishes and asked about a letter she had sent me which I had happened to received on Dec. 30. 

suzeebloch
by Ronna on Feb. 1, 2014 at 7:20 AM

My dad called me around 5 yesterday afternoon to tell me the news was saying the streets are bad so not to venture out.  Actually they are worse now. I probably should have gone to the store then!  Believe it or not, I ended up typing until nearly 5 pm yesterday.  that was  just too long and I was exhausted. 

Bleacheddecay
by Gold Member on Feb. 1, 2014 at 9:34 AM

My son and nothing much, just life.

atlmom2
by Susie on Feb. 1, 2014 at 9:49 AM
My sister in law. It was to talk her into going to Hawaii and to not worry about the money.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KittyGram
by Becky on Feb. 1, 2014 at 10:00 AM

Most recent was with my daughter last night, at about 8:15.  Yesterday was g.d. Riley's (8th) birthday.  Normally on the 5th Friday, her scheduled visit with her father starts when the school day ends, but every other year, my daughter doesn't have to have Riley at her father's till 7:15 pm.

Because her stepfather was working last night, I took Riley to her father's.  I got her there late.  By 5 minutes.  

Daughter called me at about 8:15, asking me exactly how late was I?  She said that, beginning at 7:19, my g.d.'s step mother started texting her, "This is unacceptable, blah blah (expletive) blah blah (namecalling)."  Excessively.  Nonstop for almost a full hour.

Grrr.  This "woman" really ticks me off.  She probably saw me pull into their driveway, and started in with my daughter.  Every now and then, both the father and the step mother wig out a bit, and my daughter gets texts like this.  She doesn't respond unkindly - she said she was actually very nice in the two that she returned; after two nasty messages with name calling, she ignored the rest.  

rosebud727
by Rose on Feb. 1, 2014 at 10:36 AM

Just a moment ago with my husband about what color phone I want to get.

mac1940
by Mary Ann on Feb. 1, 2014 at 11:30 AM

I talk with dh on a daily basis about anything and everything.  I had a phone conversation with dd.  We mostly talked about yesterday being her last day working where she has been for four years.  She starts her new position on Monday and is both apprehensive and excited about starting this new chapter in her life.

mrs.Emm1
by on Feb. 1, 2014 at 11:30 AM

It sounds like you raised a very smart daughter. That stepmother sounds like a very unhappy woman.

I talked to my son last night, just caught up with what's new with him.

Quoting KittyGram:

Most recent was with my daughter last night, at about 8:15.  Yesterday was g.d. Riley's (8th) birthday.  Normally on the 5th Friday, her scheduled visit with her father starts when the school day ends, but every other year, my daughter doesn't have to have Riley at her father's till 7:15 pm.

Because her stepfather was working last night, I took Riley to her father's.  I got her there late.  By 5 minutes.  

Daughter called me at about 8:15, asking me exactly how late was I?  She said that, beginning at 7:19, my g.d.'s step mother started texting her, "This is unacceptable, blah blah (expletive) blah blah (namecalling)."  Excessively.  Nonstop for almost a full hour.

Grrr.  This "woman" really ticks me off.  She probably saw me pull into their driveway, and started in with my daughter.  Every now and then, both the father and the step mother wig out a bit, and my daughter gets texts like this.  She doesn't respond unkindly - she said she was actually very nice in the two that she returned; after two nasty messages with name calling, she ignored the rest.  

mumsy2three
by Silver Member on Feb. 1, 2014 at 1:03 PM

My husband and I had a conversation this morning about our 20 y/o dd who just left the nest this past week.

Grnyann65
by Member on Feb. 1, 2014 at 1:06 PM

My last conversation with a family member was my youngest daughter, and it was about blueberry muffins.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN