Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

QOTD- 02/05/14- Have you ever performed in front of a large crowd?

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 6:12 AM
  • 20 Replies

Singsinging? Dance dancing? Actcowgirl?

Cindy

by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 6:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
suzeebloch
by Ronna on Feb. 5, 2014 at 6:38 AM

From 4th grade thru junior high school, I had annual piano recitals; oh those were so nerve-wracking.  In Junior high I was the pianist for the Concert Choir and that wasn't so bad.  My first year in HS, I practiced that late fall to be the pianist for the musical, "Anything Goes," however, I went to Brazil the week before the performance went live, so I wasn't able to participate.  But it was fun that fall during the practices!

Cindy18
by Platinum Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 6:41 AM

I had an acting/theater class in high school. I loved it. I had the lead in our play! But unfortunately, I was never able to be in the school plays because they are always musicals and I can't sing!

Bleacheddecay
by Gold Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 9:32 AM

Yes. I grew up preaching, then selling, then motivational speaking.

MichelleMc
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 10:00 AM

Sang in Choir for years. 

Talked in front of a large crowd a few times too. 

Mariagma3
by Gold Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 10:12 AM

I gave a toast at my son's wedding last July. Big wedding!

mac1940
by Mary Ann on Feb. 5, 2014 at 11:11 AM

Not an actress and for sure not a singer, but I have talked to and in front of large crowds.  

Marinefranksmom
by Gold Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 11:26 AM

Yes, all the time, since I was 5 when Dad taught me to sing.  Because of my strong voice, I have always been picked for speaking & singing parts in school productions.  I also play guitar & performed on a TV show filmed at my high school, and hosted by Mr. Ray Bolger (the Scarecrow in The Wizard of Oz - lovely, charming man!)  I began choral singing in the Girl Scouts & sang in the Great New York Girl Scout Cadel Chorus at the New York State Pavilion in the 1964 World's Fair.  In high school, I belonged to my high school Glee Club - we had 2 concerts every year & also sang for an annual party at the Waldorf-Astoria Hotel in NYC.  I also belonged to an archdiocesan high school chorus which gave a concert every year at Philharmonic Hall (now Avery Fisher Hall) in Lincoln Center.  We also sang on the Ed Sullivan Show.  For the past 30 years, I've been singing in various Sweet Adeline choruses & have been in several international competitions where the audience is several thousand.  My chorus recently performed at NYC's Carnegie Hall & we will be performing there again in the spring.  I also belong to the choir at my church where I am also a soloist.

american flag ribbon

gonecrazi
by Silver Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 11:34 AM

Nope...

LEK19
by Group Admin on Feb. 5, 2014 at 11:39 AM

Yes. Can you believe I was a PomPom Girl in high school? I was in music choirs up to 9th grade. The whole senior class sang at the graduation ceremony, but you had to do that.

I have done and participated in various Early Childhood trainings for our program and out of town. 

I have participated in Renaissance Faires.  

LEK19
by Group Admin on Feb. 5, 2014 at 11:41 AM
1 mom liked this

What wonderful experiences! Ed Sullivan Show and Ray Bolger and all! The Scarecrow in the Wizard of Oz is my favorite character. 

Got anything on youtube? 

Quoting Marinefranksmom:

Yes, all the time, since I was 5 when Dad taught me to sing.  Because of my strong voice, I have always been picked for speaking & singing parts in school productions.  I also play guitar & performed on a TV show filmed at my high school, and hosted by Mr. Ray Bolger (the Scarecrow in The Wizard of Oz - lovely, charming man!)  I began choral singing in the Girl Scouts & sang in the Great New York Girl Scout Cadel Chorus at the New York State Pavilion in the 1964 World's Fair.  In high school, I belonged to my high school Glee Club - we had 2 concerts every year & also sang for an annual party at the Waldorf-Astoria Hotel in NYC.  I also belonged to an archdiocesan high school chorus which gave a concert every year at Philharmonic Hall (now Avery Fisher Hall) in Lincoln Center.  We also sang on the Ed Sullivan Show.  For the past 30 years, I've been singing in various Sweet Adeline choruses & have been in several international competitions where the audience is several thousand.  My chorus recently performed at NYC's Carnegie Hall & we will be performing there again in the spring.  I also belong to the choir at my church where I am also a soloist.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)