Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

QOTD- 02/10/14- When is that last time you performed a RAK (Random Act of Kindness)?

Posted by on Feb. 10, 2014 at 6:42 AM
  • 17 Replies
1 mom liked this

by on Feb. 10, 2014 at 6:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
suzeebloch
by Ronna on Feb. 10, 2014 at 6:56 AM
1 mom liked this

It's been a while!  I mean, I allow people in front of me in line at the grocery store if they only have a few items, or let cars in front of me when driving, etc. but those are just common courtesies, not RAK. 

louannwilkins
by Louann on Feb. 10, 2014 at 7:47 AM
1 mom liked this

Been a while for me too.  I do things like Ronna mentioned on a regular basis but I too think that's just common courtesy

tpickle
by on Feb. 10, 2014 at 9:25 AM
2 moms liked this

What a great question.  I awoke this morning with the intention of kindness.  Jesus said that he requires kindness, not sacrifices.

To anwser your question, I haven't done anything super special yet today, but it's early.  Ha ha.

mumsy2three
by Silver Member on Feb. 10, 2014 at 9:37 AM
3 moms liked this

Two weeks ago. We went to dinner at a local pizza place. There were 3 police officers at the table beside us. When we paid our bill we paid for the police officers dinners as well.

EireLass
by Gold Member on Feb. 10, 2014 at 10:10 AM
3 moms liked this
Every month we put a box together of necessary items...not food....things like toilet paper, toothpaste, soap, cleaning supplies, etc....and leave it on the doorstep of a needy senior citizen....all done anonymously.
mac1940
by Mary Ann on Feb. 10, 2014 at 1:05 PM
3 moms liked this

Yesterday, after getting 9 inches of snow on top of the 6 we already had the night before, dh and I bundled up and shoveled snow for  neighbors who we knew  couldn;t do it. 

brookerenee45
by on Feb. 10, 2014 at 2:49 PM
1 mom liked this
When I went to grocery store Saturday a single mom of 4 was in front of me when her card was declined. She didn't have enough money to just pay in cash so she was getting ready to just leave. I bought her groceries for her!:) I really do enjoy helping others not for myself to get praise or boost my self esteem. But just doin out truly the kindness of ur heart in love it feels amazing. Blessing someone else! When I work in the ER I try to be as patient and kind to everyone. Which most the time they are shock I ask to give them hugs or something. LOL...:)
DixieL
by Dixie on Feb. 10, 2014 at 3:54 PM

I try to as much as I can. When I'm out somewhere, and someone asks me for money, I also give it to them. There have been times when, by the time, I gave them money to eat, they had more money on them, than I did on me. When my son was 16, what was 12 years ago, we took in his friend, and his friend, John, became part of our family. His father was evicted from there house, and John didn't want to go with the father. His brother did. John also didn't want us to call CPS, which I couldn't blame him. I talked to my husband and son right then. John came to live with us right then. We only had two bedrooms, so John and Jason, had to share a room. They were arguing all the time. When they got out of school, we moved into a three bedroom apartment, so they could have their own rooms. John lived with us for seven years. He is with us on all holidays. He is and always will be part of our extended family. He has roommates right now, but he knows, he is welcome to move in with us, anytime he wants too again. He is the only brother, our son ever had, and ever will have. I try to treat other people the way I want them to treat me.

DixieL
by Dixie on Feb. 10, 2014 at 3:56 PM

Quoting brookerenee45: When I went to grocery store Saturday a single mom of 4 was in front of me when her card was declined. She didn't have enough money to just pay in cash so she was getting ready to just leave. I bought her groceries for her!:) I really do enjoy helping others not for myself to get praise or boost my self esteem. But just doin out truly the kindness of ur heart in love it feels amazing. Blessing someone else! When I work in the ER I try to be as patient and kind to everyone. Which most the time they are shock I ask to give them hugs or something. LOL...:)

That is awesome, for what you did, to help that mom. Working in the ER, and being a loving person is another awesome thing. There aren't too many people that work in the hospitals, that really care about people, at least they don't act like it.

DixieL
by Dixie on Feb. 10, 2014 at 3:58 PM

Quoting mac1940:

Yesterday, after getting 9 inches of snow on top of the 6 we already had the night before, dh and I bundled up and shoveled snow for  neighbors who we knew  couldn;t do it. 

I think we have a lot of awesome women in this group. That was a great thing, you did for your neighbors.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)