Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm a winner!

Posted by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 9:48 PM
  • 13 Replies
2 moms liked this

I am so shocked, I actually won a raffle at work! Every other month or so they do a basket raffle at work, the proceeds usualy go toward things for the facility or Christmas presents for the residents.

I bout 12 tickets and put some with my name on it for a Valentines basket and put the name of one of the switchboard operators in for a pretty blanket without her knowledge.

I won the Valentines basket but unfortunatly Mary did not win the blanket. I would have been happier if she won and I didn't but oh well.

The basket had a heart shaped cookie pan, flexible cutting mat, 3 cookie cutter, 4 Rusel stovers confections, Andes mints, a tube of M&ms, two heart shaped boxes of chocolate (the kids ate some), a chocolate billion dollar bill, 2 $5 gift certificates to a local pizza place, a bag of hershey's cupid mix, conversation hearts, and Hersy's Xs and Os

Click on my siggy to help find a cure for cancer!

by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 9:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jabs54
by Jeanine on Feb. 14, 2014 at 10:29 PM

Yay!  Would have been nice if it were the lottery but hey, you'll take it ;)

mac1940
by Mary Ann on Feb. 14, 2014 at 11:28 PM

Today must be your lucky day - all the nice Valentine gifts from Mark and winning the basket of goodies.  How fun!!

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:32 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Feb. 15, 2014 at 12:09 AM

Wow!  Looks at all that neat stuff you won!
That's awesome!  Congrats to you :)

darmomusaf
by Gold Member on Feb. 15, 2014 at 8:03 AM

Very nice! Congrats!

louannwilkins
by Louann on Feb. 15, 2014 at 8:09 AM

That's awesome!  It's so fun to win something!!  lol     :)

mumsy2three
by Silver Member on Feb. 15, 2014 at 8:34 AM

How cool! Congrats :)

Cindy18
by Platinum Member on Feb. 15, 2014 at 10:21 AM

WOW that's a lot of stuff!!

Congrats!! I never win anything. It's a joke in my family that I can't touch any of the raffle tickets that we get because of my bad luck! LOL

LadySaphira
by Lisa on Feb. 15, 2014 at 10:26 AM

That is usualy the way it is with me. I really didn't want the candy, I just threw some tickets into the basket and figured if for some off chance I did win, The kids and Mark would enjoy the stuff. I was actually hoping  more that They would draw the Switchboard operators name for the blanket, especialy since she had no clue i put her name in.

Quoting Cindy18:

WOW that's a lot of stuff!!

Congrats!! I never win anything. It's a joke in my family that I can't touch any of the raffle tickets that we get because of my bad luck! LOL

Click on my siggy to help find a cure for cancer!

LEK19
by Group Admin on Feb. 15, 2014 at 3:42 PM

Dinner (pizza) and desert (chocolate)!

Can't beat that!! What luck!

DixieL
by Dixie on Feb. 15, 2014 at 6:29 PM

That is really awsome. Congratulations. You really won some nice things. I can't remember winning anything.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)