Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Kitchen Talk- 02/19/14- When was the last time you made Tacos at home?

Posted by on Feb. 19, 2014 at 6:22 AM
  • 16 Replies

What do you put on them? What kind of meat do you use? Hard or Soft Shells? 

by on Feb. 19, 2014 at 6:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
suzeebloch
by Ronna on Feb. 19, 2014 at 6:30 AM
1 mom liked this

I frequently make a taco salad for lunch, no chips or shells, though.  Just fry up some hamburger, season with salt, pepper, garlic powder. dried minced onion, some chili powder and cumin.  Add finely shredded lettuce, sprinkle with cheese and top with picante sauce.  Fits well in my low-carb way of eating.  If I have sour cream I add a dollop of that as well but I don't always have sour cream.  Hmmm.  I wonder if I can freeze sour cream?  I'll have to check into that!

Cindy18
by Platinum Member on Feb. 19, 2014 at 6:39 AM

Nope, sour cream does not freeze well, it gets lumpy and watery, like it seperates or something. 

Your salad sounds yummy!

Quoting suzeebloch:

I frequently make a taco salad for lunch, no chips or shells, though.  Just fry up some hamburger, season with salt, pepper, garlic powder. dried minced onion, some chili powder and cumin.  Add finely shredded lettuce, sprinkle with cheese and top with picante sauce.  Fits well in my low-carb way of eating.  If I have sour cream I add a dollop of that as well but I don't always have sour cream.  Hmmm.  I wonder if I can freeze sour cream?  I'll have to check into that!

MichelleMc
by Silver Member on Feb. 19, 2014 at 6:45 AM
1 mom liked this

It has been a while. Pretty mild here. Like the meat pretty bland so not much seasoning. Regular ground beef. I am a soft taco & hubby is a hard taco eater. 

louannwilkins
by Louann on Feb. 19, 2014 at 6:54 AM

Probably about 2 months ago.  I use beef and I like tomatoes, cheese, sour cream, lettuce etc....I like both kinds of shells too

atlmom2
by Gold Member on Feb. 19, 2014 at 8:47 AM
We only do taco salad. Shells break so we figure buying chips and making a salad is easier and not messy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Why123
by Nancy on Feb. 19, 2014 at 9:24 AM

It has been quite a while since I have had tacos.  It is too much to make for one.  I like soft shells, meat, lettuce, tomatoes, onions, cheese and sour cream.  I guess it is time for a trip to Taco Bell.

redneck_kids
by Member on Feb. 19, 2014 at 10:31 AM

Last weekend. Ground beef, cheese, tomatoes, lettuce, onions, banana peppers. We also make tostadas to go with them with refried beans, ground beef, olives and lettuce, and taco sauce and usually we have a mix of soft and hard shells. We love tacos. Now I am hungry for them! :)

Esmrlda
by Esme on Feb. 19, 2014 at 3:27 PM

I made fish tacos last night, soft shell but I prefer hard shell.

mac1940
by Mary Ann on Feb. 19, 2014 at 5:45 PM

I make tacos and taco salad quite often, sometimes using chicken, so,eti,es ground beef and occasionally shrimp.  Sometimes I use hard shells, sometimes soft and often make the soft shell into a bowl.  We like them with the works and I think the last time I made them, was taco salads for lunch one day last week.

KittyGram
by Becky on Feb. 19, 2014 at 6:12 PM

It's been years!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)