Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Today was horrible...

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2014 at 6:47 PM
  • 29 Replies
1 mom liked this

This morning started off like any other normal school day.  We got up and I got my 2 youngest ready for school.  My oldest daughter followed me around while I was getting ready myself reading me her Creative Writing paper that she had written to  see if any changes needed to be made.  After all that was done I headed out and dropped my 2 youngest at their school and I headed to the college for my class.  My class was over at 10:50 am.  I came walking out of the building and noticed a large amount of police cars and sirens and the police cars speeding down the road.  I happened to pull my cell phone out and noticed a msg from my oldest daughter.  I listened to the msg and then my heart sank.  My daughter was one of the reasons that the cop cars were speeding down the road.  She had been in a car accident at 10:41 this morning.  Someone came over into her lane she was traveling in and if she had not swerved they would have hit her head on.  She thankfully made it out with minor injuries but one other person was not so lucky.  Someone lost their life due to this person that hit my daughter and 3 other cars. The police had to do an accident reconstruction so it will be a few days before we get the accident report regarding the accident.  I am just thankful that she is alive!  She is banged up but alive.

I had to share with someone.

by on Feb. 20, 2014 at 6:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
suzeebloch
by Ronna on Feb. 20, 2014 at 6:50 PM

OMG.  that would have freaked me out!  I am soooo glad your daughter is okay.  I hope they have that other person in custody.  And at 10:00 in the morning.  Again, give your daughter a big hug from me!  So glad she is okay.

my4kids274
by Bronze Member on Feb. 20, 2014 at 6:55 PM

Thank you!  I was able to keep it together until I got to the hospital and saw her strapped to the backboard and had her neck in an immoblilizer so that she could not move at all.  Then I broke down and started balling!  

Quoting suzeebloch:

OMG.  that would have freaked me out!  I am soooo glad your daughter is okay.  I hope they have that other person in custody.  And at 10:00 in the morning.  Again, give your daughter a big hug from me!  So glad she is okay.

jabs54
by Jeanine on Feb. 20, 2014 at 7:00 PM
1 mom liked this

OMGosh!  How scary.  I'm SO glad your daughter is ok.  I'm very sorry for the family that lost a loved one.

Esmrlda
by Esme on Feb. 20, 2014 at 7:04 PM

OMG a mothers worst nighmare!  Im so happy to hear she is okay. hugging

my4kids274
by Bronze Member on Feb. 20, 2014 at 8:25 PM

Thank you ladies! 

kuntrylady56
by Gold Member on Feb. 20, 2014 at 9:07 PM

Thank God,your daughter is okay. And my condolences to the poor people who lost a loved one.  Will your daughter in my prayers for a quick recovery.

Bmat
by Barb on Feb. 20, 2014 at 9:07 PM

Oh no!!! I am so sorry. It is a blessing that your daughter is OK, but to be involved in an accident where someone lost their life is a very scary thing to happen.  Did your daughter go to the ER and get checked out to make sure she is OK. ((hugs)) to you for the terrible time. :(

Maddie24
by Gold Member on Feb. 20, 2014 at 9:08 PM

Oh my!  That is a nightmare!  I am so glad she is going to be ok. 

Quoting my4kids274:

Thank you!  I was able to keep it together until I got to the hospital and saw her strapped to the backboard and had her neck in an immoblilizer so that she could not move at all.  Then I broke down and started balling!  

Quoting suzeebloch:

my4kids274
by Bronze Member on Feb. 20, 2014 at 9:18 PM

Quoting Bmat:

Oh no!!! I am so sorry. It is a blessing that your daughter is OK, but to be involved in an accident where someone lost their life is a very scary thing to happen.  Did your daughter go to the ER and get checked out to make sure she is OK. ((hugs)) to you for the terrible time. :(

Yes they took her to the hospital by ambulance.   She is banged up and going to be in some pain but she is okay otherwise.  We did find out that the person that passed was an older lady and one other was air lifted to shock trauma when we watched the news tonight.   There were 5 total cars involved.   

DesignGirl450
by Lynda on Feb. 20, 2014 at 9:26 PM

So glad that your daughter will be ok.  So many speeding, texting, and careless drivers out there.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)