Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

When was the last time.....you went for a walk?

Posted by on Feb. 25, 2014 at 5:19 PM
  • 39 Replies

Who were you with?  Where did you go?  How far did you go?  Why did you go for a walk?

by on Feb. 25, 2014 at 5:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
EireLass
by Gold Member on Feb. 25, 2014 at 10:17 PM
Today and almost every day. I have 3 dogs that need to run. Sometimes hubs goes with, sometimes not. I live in the woods, dead end road, so they can just run.
LEK19
by Platinum Member on Feb. 25, 2014 at 10:27 PM

I went for a walk the other day. Walking that night was more for the exercise. On nicer days it is just to get outside, get some fresh air and enjoy the views.

I had walked further than I should, because when I was getting pretty cold walking into the wind I realized how cold it was. I turned around and headed back the other way. I stopped at a small pub for a cup of soup and a Guinness to warm up. One of the patrons there told me the wind chill was -3. 

emmygirl31
by Angie on Feb. 25, 2014 at 11:03 PM

almost every day-I walk the dog-we go about 1/2 mile a day-if it is raining or snowing we dont walk far

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Today at 12:11 AM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Feb. 26, 2014 at 12:23 AM

Right before TG,
Went 5 miles with my friend
::sigh::

louannwilkins
by Louann on Feb. 26, 2014 at 6:43 AM

Yesterday I walked the dogs that I pet sit for a lot.  Probably only about a mile or so

suzeebloch
by Ronna on Feb. 26, 2014 at 7:12 AM

I don't walk much at all.  I completely fail in the motivation category.  It really bites.  In nice weather when I go to the store, I don't mind parking further away than I need to and then when I'm walking in to the store, I tell myself I should start walking more.  yeah. right.  I'm not having much luck convincing me to actually follow through with that. lol.

Why123
by Nancy on Feb. 26, 2014 at 10:02 AM

For me, walking is going from my building to the cafeteria to get lunch.  I used to enjoy walking but walking has become extremely painful.  I walk anyway.  I just limp more.

Sheri0427
by Member on Feb. 26, 2014 at 10:12 AM

Saturday I did five miles on a hike with Boy Scouts. Normally I just walk around our farm.  That was my first big hike!

Ambear72
by Amber on Feb. 26, 2014 at 11:32 AM
It's been a couple weeks, but I walk a lot at work.
mac1940
by Mary Ann on Feb. 26, 2014 at 11:51 AM

I used to walk a lot and enjoyed it immensely - used to stop and make 4 laps around the high school track on my way home from work.  Ahh yest, those were the days.  I am not much of a walker anymore and usually it is a lap or two around one of the bigger stores (did that yesterday) and I call that enough.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN