Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

Kitchen Talk- 2/26/14- What is your favorite Faster Food Chicken place?

Posted by on Feb. 26, 2014 at 6:02 AM
  • 15 Replies

KFC, Churchs, Popeye's, something local?

Cindy

by on Feb. 26, 2014 at 6:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
suzeebloch
by Ronna on Feb. 26, 2014 at 6:14 AM

So now I have a craving for KFC.  LOL.  Yes, KFC is my favorite around these here parts.  I have a Popeye's closer to me than a KFC but I never have cared for them.  And Churchs is not close.

Hey, there are KFCs in Japan, too.  :o)

louannwilkins
by Louann on Feb. 26, 2014 at 6:44 AM

I love chicken from Chic fil a the best I think.  Bojangles is ok too

Cindy18
by Platinum Member on Feb. 26, 2014 at 6:45 AM

Popeye's is my favorite. Their biscuits are to DIE for!!

But I think KFC is best in my local area. I tried Chicken Shack, they are a local place, while their potatoes are great the chicken was a little dry and the pieces were small.

Quoting suzeebloch:

So now I have a craving for KFC.  LOL.  Yes, KFC is my favorite around these here parts.  I have a Popeye's closer to me than a KFC but I never have cared for them.  And Churchs is not close.

Cindy

louannwilkins
by Louann on Feb. 26, 2014 at 6:47 AM

I use to love KFC and the last 2 times I ate there the chicken was so greasy and almost "limp" or soggy.  I don't know how to say what I mean.  lol  Anyway....I haven't gone back and that's been about 2 years now.   :(

Quoting suzeebloch:

mrs.Emm1
by Bronze Member on Feb. 26, 2014 at 7:18 AM

I've only had KFC & it's okay once & awhile. I like when someone else does the cooking.

LEK19
by Platinum Member on Feb. 26, 2014 at 8:26 AM

When I was growing up it was KFC. It is the only fast food chicken place that I have been around. We don't eat chicken when we go out. If we get fried chicken, we get it at the local store's deli. We don't get it very often. We get the rotisserie chicken more often. 

I have never eaten at a Popeye or Churches or any of the others.

suzeebloch
by Ronna on Feb. 26, 2014 at 8:41 AM

I remember we had KFC quite a bit when I was pregnant with Johnny.  Then I'd get really bad heartburn and had to sleep sitting up in the recliner.  It took me a while to put 2 and 2 together. 

Quoting louannwilkins:

I use to love KFC and the last 2 times I ate there the chicken was so greasy and almost "limp" or soggy.  I don't know how to say what I mean.  lol  Anyway....I haven't gone back and that's been about 2 years now.   :(

Quoting suzeebloch:

Why123
by Nancy on Feb. 26, 2014 at 9:53 AM

I am not crazy about KFC.  I don't like Popeyes because the food is very spicy.  I ate Churches a lot when we lived in Arkansas.  The place that is my favorite now is Lee's Famous Recipe Fried Chicken.  I stopped there last week and got dinner.

atlmom2
by Gold Member on Feb. 26, 2014 at 11:50 AM
Chick fil a, or KFC
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mac1940
by Mary Ann on Feb. 26, 2014 at 11:57 AM

The only one I have ever had is KFC and I used to love it but dh won't eat it at all.   On our way to Seattle one day, we stopped at a Popeyes and I have to tell you it was not good.  So fast food chicken is ot anything we eat anymore.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)